Back to Ireland

-BACK TO REALITY

I fell to the ground in tears. I had no one now, no more family. My father was the only thing I had close to me.

‘’ misses.Horan?’’ I looked up seeing a doctor standing in front of me

‘’what do you want?’’ I didn’t want to talk to anything right now, especially not a doctor

‘’ I’d like to have a talk with you about your family’’ I gave her a confuse look, what the hell was she talking about, I only had my father as my family.

‘’ what do you mean’’ I asked

‘’ mind following me to my office where we can be in private’’

I got up, and followed her to her office without saying anything.

‘’ come on in Sara, my name is doctor.Silvia I and very sorry for your lost’’

‘’ everyone leaves one day’’ I told her

‘’ Sara, you father was a good man, he inspired me a lot’’

I gave her a half smile ‘’ thanks I guess’’

‘’ I didn’t want to do this in the halls, but here’’ handing me a letter ‘’ your father wanted me to give this to you, he said it would help you’’

‘’ thank you, can I go now’’ I really didn’t want to be here, I wanted to be alone right now.

‘’ ya sure, I’m sorry once again’’

Without hesitating, I got off and left.

I left the hospital in tears in my eyes. I got to my car and drove off. Driving back seems to take forever! It took about half an hour until I pulled into my drive way. I got out and there  Darla was standing.

‘’Darla, go home I’d like to be alone’’ I told her

‘’ are you sure about it misses.Horan?’’ god I hated when people called me misses.Horan

‘’ ya just leave I need to be alone’’

I ran up to my room with the letter. To be honest I didn’t know what to expect to read. I opened the envelop and started at it for a moment, then took a breathe and started to read it.

‘’ Sara,

 I’m sorry that I am now gone. I tried my best to stay here as long as I could by your side. Promise me that you’ll follow your dreams. But I need to tell you something very important. Remember back in 2010 I took you to Ireland for new-years, and we bumped into women with her son name Maura and Niall and then we left as fast as possible? Maura is the women I fell in love with at the age of 18years old, and we had you together and Niall. I didn’t know how to tell you, I wanted to wait until you were 18 to tell you but I couldn’t because I knew you were already hurt by me being sick. I was also scared that you would hate me for not telling you the night we saw them. But I need you to make me another promise, go. Go and see Maura I mean your mother, and see Niall. I don’t want you to be alone in this world without a family. But Sara please forgive me for never telling who your mother is. Truth is, when your mother  had you and Niall we weren’t ready to be a family and she couldn’t afford anything with two  child, so I took you and she left for Ireland where her family lives. The reason I wanted you to come with me to Ireland back in 2010 was for you to see where your mother is from. Forgive both of us please do. I will look over you all the time, and over your brother Niall and your mother. Please forgive me.

I love you and never forget this, I might be gone but I’ll always be there for you

Love dad xx

I re-read the letter over and over again, and thinking of Maura and Niall. Now I understand why I was so confuse when I met them and how dads face lite up when he saw Maura. I didn’t know what to do for a moment; I wanted to know my mother now and Niall. I needed to,  I just promised that.

I noticed it was already pass 1am and haven’t eaten yet, but I wasn’t hungry. Instead, I made my way to the bathroom and brush my teeth and put on my Victoria secret pjs and went straight to bed still in tears.

I woke up the next morning really early, I got up and changed into my running clothes looking at myself in the mirror, I noticed my eyes were all swollen and puffy. I didn’t care, I threw my shoes on and open the front door and started running. My legs started getting weak after two hours of running; I turned around and ran back to my house. When I got in to my door entrance, I noticed the front door open. My heart started beating, I didn’t want to go through some stupid robbery today.

‘’hello?’’ I yelled opening the front door all the way ‘’ hello!’’ I said one more time. I was getting scared, I wanted Carl to be here right now

‘’ there you are!’’ Carl appeared from the living room  ‘’ where the heck were you? ‘’

‘’ I needed to take my mind off of things, so I went for a run’’ I told him

‘’ well I can see that. Go change, I need to speak with you’’ I nodded and ran up to my room where I got a pair or sweat pants and a black v-neck.  I threw them on adding a pair of leopard slippers on my feet. Running down to the kitchen where Carl was sitting with two cups of Yorkshire tea.

‘’ here drink this’’ handing me the cup

‘’ thanks Carl’’ I smiled at him

‘’ Sara listen, I know you read the letter’’

‘’how do you know? ‘’ I asked Carl

‘’ I know you, I’ve been by you and your father’s life  for 17 years’’

‘’ oh’’ I didn’t know what to tell him

‘’ Listen Sara, your father always talked about your mother to me, and I think it’s a good idea to go to Ireland and talk to Maura, try and get her and Niall into your life’’

‘’ she doesn’t want me’’ I said banging my fist on the kitchen table

‘’ that’s what you think; I spoke to her last night. She wants you on the next plane for Ireland’’

‘’ wait what?’’  I was so confuse

‘’ It is now 11am, your plane is at 5pm for Ireland ‘’

The next thing I knew is that I was packing my suitcase and on a plane for Ireland. Carl got me a VIP plane ticket where no one would be. I took out my ipod and put on some Cher Llyod –love me for me. I stared out the window and fell asleep.