Chapter 2

"Hey, what time is it already? I think I overslept. By the way, I'm Hinata."

She stared at him blankly. Guess he didn't hear her after all, which is a relief. She scanned the ceiling as she looks for a clock since she doesn't have a watch or phone with her. When she can't spot any, she turns to him without making eye contact.

"W-well, I don't know e-either but it's still the first subject s-s-so it's still early."

She flushed after saying that. God, how she hates stuttering but it always happens whenever she's talking to a complete stranger.

The boy scratches his head with a troubled expression and sighed. "Aw, man. I'm late again. Oh, wait..." he fumbles through his pocket when he suddenly realized something. When he finally get a grip on the thing he's looking for, he pulls it out and made a bright smile. "I actually have a phone with me, haha," he laughs which made Yachi sweatdrop. He opens his phone to check the time. He sighed in relief after seeing the time. "I can still catch up to the second subject. Thank goodness."

A weirdo, Yachi thought. He speaks too much and he won't keep his voice low even though there's only two of them and the environment is quiet. She took a deep breath and decided to ignore him since she wanted to rest so badly right now. She rolls to her side, her back facing the boy and closed her eyes to calm herself. She just hopes he'll shut up.

"Why are you here? Did something happened to you?"

Great, she thought. She wished he could at least read what's going on and that she's trying to rest.

"Y-yeah. Just some illness," she replied quietly, not bothering to turn around again because it is such a pain doing so.

"Oh. I'm here because I was sleepy while biking earlier and I didn't notice that I already hit a post. I was so sleepy I didn't mind sleeping on the road. The nurse said some guys brought me here when one of them tripped on my leg while running away from a stray dog. Um, are you okay now? Can you come to the party this Friday?"

So that's what the class was discussing about earlier. Party, huh? She never considered coming to one after stepping on high school because she would feel out of place whenever she's in a party during middle school. And her panic attack would also trigger in such events so it's a no-no.

"Nope. Not my c-cup of tea."

"Really? It's a waste. I think you should come because it would be fun," Hinata chirped.

This dude won't keep his mouth shut and can't read the mood which she finds a tad bit annoying. She just nodded and hum in reply because she has no intention of continuing this conversation anymore. She closed her eyes once again and sleep.

°°°

Yachi was awakened by the middle of the day. She sighed, knowing that she skipped several classes already. She gets up from the bed and looks around. The boy earlier was gone. The nurse heard the sound of the bed and went to check her.

"Oh, you're awake. Are you feeling fine now?" The nurse asked while walking towards the bed where Yachi is. The girl looks at the nurse's face then averts her gaze. She nodded, her eyes locking onto her shoes on the ground.

"I see. You were sweating a lot so you must be dehydrated," the lady went to the table beside the bed and grabs the glass of water earlier which is now refilled. She handed it to Yachi and pulls the chair nearby beside the bed. Yachi didn't drink the water and just stared at it. "Have you ever consulted the doctor regarding your problem? Do your parents know about this?"

Yachi shakes her head. "I-I'm living with my mom but she's always on her work so I rarely get the chance to t-talk this to her. A-also, I don't think I can go alone to the doctor. I-I'm scared to go out."

"Hmm... I see. Then, when you're here in school, don't be afraid to come here or to me. I'll do what I can do to help," the older lady smiled at her which puts her nerves at ease. "But first, drink that water before you leave."

Yachi did what the lady has said and handed her the glass after finishing it. "Thank you very much for your help. I shall be going now."

She stood up from the bed and bows her head before leaving the infirmary.

"The nurse is really nice. I wish I had a sister like her," she whispers to herself as she makes her way back to her classroom. "But, who was that weird guy earlier? I think he mentioned his name but I don't remember at all. Oh well."

ⓐⓝ

I decided to update this book twice a week because I really get excited to update lol

To the people who experience the same thing, hi. We can get through it. Just watch anime and read some mangas.