When It Hits You

When you lose someone you think you love, you go beautifully numb.
You don't feel the loss you know you're supposed to feel.
You don't feel the pain you know should bring you to your knees.
When you lose someone you think you love, the numbness last.
Then when it ends, you know there should be tears, because surely after all the times you said "I love you" you should at least feel a few drip delicately down your cheeks into your temple.
Because ain't nobody got the strength to be sitting up after a thought to be heartbreak.
But you don't, that's what scares you.
After the beautiful numbness passes, and you think you won't cry.
Something random just sets you off.
You see a cardinal and remember her favorite colors red.
Your sheets still smell like him, because you lazy and depressed and not about to do no laundry.
And you finally feel those damned tears.
They don't "trickle delicately down your cheeks".
They stream down in a mess of mascara and snot because you wanted to look good after you found her with the girl next door.
And you realize, no, I didn't love her, but I loved the thought of her.

***

So I know this makes me sound like a ghetto bish, but I'm not. I'm just in pain and 110% sure nobody's reading this. The next one is more sensitive and has all the Lovey-dovey shit. Comment, like, subscribe...or you know tell me you're reading this. I don't just do this for nothing lol. Oh and if anyone's wondering I'm lesbian and that's the perspective I was going on.