Chapter Three

They had finished setting up some tables for them to place lunch on for the visit of Sonic's family. Sonic had suggested that Shadow should make the food, and the black blur agreed to. The others weren't to sure, but they agreed anyway.

* * *

While Shadow was inside Tails' living quarters' kitchen that was attached to his workshop, making lunch, Sonic's mother and siblings arrived. "mother! Sonia! Manic! Great to see you again!" Sonic exclaimed in a happy tone, "these are my friends, Amy Rose, Miles 'Tails' Prower, Sticks, Silver, Blaze, and you already met Knuckles. Our other friend, will come out to meet you in a bit," Sonic introduced, directing his family over to the table where his friends minus one was sitting, and joined.

Ten minutes later, while everyone was distracted by talking, they all jumped when a platter of chilli dogs were placed in the middle of the table from behind Sonic. "I hope I did not mess up too badly, I have never made these. Before," Shadow said, sitting down on an empty seat beside Sonic. The ebony hedgehog had put his quills in a ponytail while he was cooking and hasn't noticed it was still in, and everyone thought he looked pretty feminine right then. "Mother, Sonia, Manic, this is Shadow. Shadz, this is my family," Sonic introduced. " a pleasure," Shadow greeted politely. "Nice to meet you as well," Aleena replied, Sonia and Manic nodding in agreement.

* * *

After cleaning up, everyone was standing by the shore line to talk some more. Manic took his chance and put his arm around around Shadow's (who sill had his quills up) shoulders, "so, Shadow, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" He flirted. All of Team Sonic, except Sticks, froze, thinking Manic was screwed. "No, I fell from the Space Colony ARK, not this 'heaven' you speak of, why?" Shadow answered then asked, completely clueless. everyone had different reactions, Sonic and Knuckles were laughing, but the hedgehog felt a bit of jealousy swell up in his heart, Amy, Blaze, Aleena and Sonia face palmed, Sticks was just as clueless as Shadow and Silver looked like he was about to murder Manic.

Amy walked over to the two hedgehogs and explained to Shadow, "no, Shadow, Manic is flirting with you," Shadow blinked, "flirting?" He asked confused, having never learned about that in the past. "How do you not know what flirting is!? You're like, 70 years old!" Amy flipped. Aleena, Sonia and Manic's eyes widened at that. "First of all, Rose, I am not 70, sure I was born 52 years ago, but I was in a cryogenic sleeping chamber for 37 years before I was awakened by the doctor. Second, the professor never taught me that kind of stuff," Shadow answered, slinky flustered and insulted. "Didn't Rouge teach you these things then?" Amy asked, hands on her hips. "No,  anytime I asked she would say I was too young," Shadow replied, arms crossed. "That's because you were, hon," a voice sounded from behind then all.

Everyone jumped at the voice and turned to the owner and saw an ivory female bat, "hey," the bat waved. "I was not that young, Rouge," the ebony hedgehog denied. You were physically and mentally 13, no matter how mature you acted, in my eyes, that's too young," the newly dubbed Rouge argued. Knuckles blinked., "wait, how old are you Shadow?" He questioned. "I am currently 15, why?" Shadow answered. "What!?!" Amy screeched, "HOW CAN YOU BE MY AGE!?! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE 18!!" shadow scowled, "are you implying that I look old, Rose" he and Amy were in each others faces now. Sonic then cut between them, "woah, calm down. Amy, stop yelling, and Shadow, no one was implying anything," the fighting hedgehogs backed away from each other and stopped arguing, but continued to glare at each other. "Good. Now, how about we go show my family the village?" Sonic suggested, and everyone agreed.