Chapter Two

The following morning, Sonic awoke to a lovely smell coming from his kitchen area. Confused, he went to investigate. Entering the area, he saw Shadow, wearing one of the aprons Amy had left laying out from her last visit, making pancakes and bacon for breakfast. "That smells amazing, Shadz,"Sonic said with a small smirk, "didn't peg you as the type to wake up early and cook." 'Or look so feminine,' he thought. Shadow jumped slightly and turned to face the blue blur with a barely noticeable blush, having been caught in a pink apron. "Hn, well I actually enjoy cooking, Hedgehog," Shadow replied, while placing the finished food on some plates and putting them on the counter. "Help yourself," the ebony hedgehog invited.

* * *

"I think that was the greatest breakfast I've ever had!" Sonic complimented. "Thank you, I try my best, but I am not that good," Shadow replied. They were walking towards the beach area where all of Team Sonic normally hung out. "Hey! You're finally here! We all have questions for Shadow you know!" Yelled out an impatient echidna. "Sorry, we were eating breakfast. Shadz is an amazing cook!" Sonic said. "I am not that good," Shadow denied, "back on topic, what are these questions, it is the least I could do for causing you trouble," the black blur said in all seriousness.

"Right, I'll go first," Amy said, " something I've been wondering about since I first met you, why do you look so feminine, yet masculine at the same time?" Shadow blinked, then blushed slightly and looked to the side, avoiding eye contact. "Wow, didn't know you were capable of blushing , Shadz." Sonic teased. "Shut up, Faker, I am capable of emotion, I just choose not express it. The answer, Rose, is that I am neither male or female, I am a hermaphrodite, therefore showing both male and female traits," Shadow explained. "How is that even possible?" The pink hedgehog questioned. "It's a rare genetic trait that spears in Mobian families every few generations," Tails explained.

"Now it's my turn!" Sticks yelled out, "now tell me... ARE YOU AN ALIEN!?!" Knuckles held Sticks back, "woah, calm down you crazy badger, I doubt Shadow is an alien," Sticks huffed, " then how do you explain his crimson stripes!? No type of hedgehog breed has stripes!!" Sonic walked up to the badger, "Sticks don't- "she is half right," Shadow cut him off.

Everyone stopped and stared at Shadow. "I'M RIGHT!?" Sticks yelled out, "wait what?" Knuckles said in disbelief. "No, I said you are half right, while my mother was a normal Mobian hedgehog, while my father is an alien," Shadow answered. "Wait, but I thought you were a project created as a weapon of war?" tails said, confused. "No, I was never truly created, and I was not 'created' for war either, I was born the traditional way, I was just born for experiments, mostly for a cure to NIDS,"

"Who is your father, and where are your parents now?" Amy asked. "My mother is dead, died after I was born, and my father will be dead the next time he lays his eyes on this planet," Shadow growled out. "Woah! What did your old man do to warrant that much hatred?" Knuckles asked, eyes wide. "He almost destroyed the planet last time he was here, the Black Arms, in case you have forgotten," Shadow replied, "Black Doom, to be exact."

Everyone gasped at that. "Can we go to the next question, please," Shadow asked. "Oh right, I'll go now, if you-" "AHH!" Sonic screeched, cutting Tails off. Everyone looked to the blue hedgehog, "what is it, Sonikku?" Amy asked. "I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!" Sonic freaked. "What did you forget?" Tails questioned. "My mother and siblings are visiting for awhile and will be arriving around lunchtime!!" Sonic answered, panicking slightly. "Don't worry Sonic, we'll help you get everything ready!" Amy said cheerily, "right guys?" She asked sweetly. "Right!" Everyone, even Shadow, replied. Sonic smiled, "thanks guys, you're all the greatest!"