13.

Chapter 13

Naruto POV

After the conflict with Sai, Mitsuki and I walked around the village. We were silent for a while. The thought of giving up on Sasuke was still bothering me.

"So, what's your plan now?" Mitsuki-chan asked softly. I turned to her and sighed.

"Well I need to get stronger ya know...and I need to train with Pervy-sage to get stronger..."

Mitsuki POV-

I looked at Naruto as he sighed once again and shoved his hands into his pockets. He looked stressed. Obviously, the result of his encounter with Sasuke was the cause of his stress. Not only that but the new threat of the Akatsuki seemed more prevalent than ever. The Akatsuki had been threatening Iwagakure for months now. And it would be only a matter of time before Hiroomi, Akihito and I would have to face them.

I linked my arm with Naruto to his surprise.

"I will never know how you feel completely but I want you to know that I'll be here for you always," I said smiling at him. He smiled back and giggled scratching the back of his head.

"Thanks, Mitsuki-chan! I got your back too!" He said as his mood became lighter.

We walked into the hotel room I was to stay in. Originally, I would have stayed with Naruto in his apartment but I realized that since were no longer 12 and I am with Gaara it would more appropriate to stay in a hotel room.

The room was nice and housed a desk with two seats. Naruto and I sat and began to talk.

"I need to get stronger. To fight the Akatsuki and to get him," Naruto said in distress. I frowned I hadn't been think about these issues as strongly as Naruto had. Iwagakure was my home and the Akatsuki had continuously created threats against my home and I was doing nothing about it. What did that make me?

"I'm going to the Fire Temple in the Fire Village in five days," Naruto said as he stuck a piece of dango he had in his mouth.

"Your still doing missions?" I asked softly. He nodded as he chomped down the three dango balls without hesitation.

"Of course, that's my duty! Believe it!" He exclaimed. I grimaced as I nodded slowly.

"Afterwards I'm going to train with Pervy-sage to perfect my sage mode," he said proudly. I smiled at that. I was proud of Naruto. After all these years he not only stayed true to himself but his values.

What has happened to me?

Naruto began to ask about Suna and I had nothing but good things to say. "It's a beautiful place, and I get to be with Gaara.." I could barely finish my sentence when Naruto let out a fit of snorts and giggles.

"Oh yeah I forgot you and Gaara were dating!" He said laughing. I rolled my eyes as we continued talking until 1 am. He left and I was left to a sleepless night.

I sat at the desk with a scroll from my backpack laid out with ink ready to write anything.

I felt ashamed, I love Gaara and being with him but after all this time I had gotten lazy, I stopped training, going on missions and getting stronger. While Naruto, Sasuke and even Sakura are changing and becoming stronger than I could ever imagine.

Gaara was already the Kazekage and he had more power than anyone I knew, well him and Naruto. I was being left behind. I knew I needed to do something to change.

Morning

I woke up at 10:00 am to the sound of pounding on my door. I opened it groggily to see Naruto and Sakura.

"Hi Mitsuki-chan! I was wondering if you wanted to go eat Ramen with Naruto and I?" Sakura said as she sweat dropped at my sleepy figure. I blushed and waved for them to come in. I pulled on a casual kimono over my sleep wear and tied my hair up into a bun.

"Ok let's go,"

As we ate Ichiraku ramen, Sakura explained her mission with Naruto, Sai and Yamato; their new leader, to me. I was intrigued I was afraid that if I wanted to go back into ANBU training I would be denied because of my long absence.

"I think I'll go talk to Lady Tsunade after this," I said as a slurped the last of my ramen. Naruto and Sakura both looked at me in surprise.

"For what?" Sakura asked as she an Naruto leaned in as if I was going to tell a secret.

"Oh nothing don't worry,"

I had left the two to finish some errands as I walked towards the Hokage tower. I forgot the last time I was in their but I felt a strange sense nervousness.

When I got up to her room Shizune opened the door and greeted me in surprise.

"Oh Mitsuki-sama! How wonderful to see you," she said holding her pet pig.

"Hello Shizune-san it's wonderful to see you too, may I talk to Lady Tsunade?" I asked. She nodded quickly and called for Lady Tsunade who came out of the back room looking quite bothered. When she saw me she looked surprised and asked for me to sit.

You see I was never very close to Lady Tsunade but I knew she had the wisdom that I needed to help me.

"So Mitsuki-sama why is it that you've seeked me out?"

I looked at her calmly as I began to speak. "I'm seeking insight," she raised her brow and smirked.

"On what?"

"Is there a possible way that I can rejoin the ANBU black ops," I asked with seriousness in my voice. Shizune-san gasped as Lady Tsunade looked at me in shock.

"Wait, why? Do you want to rejoin?" She asked. I nodded slowly. She sighed and pulled out a large book. As she flipped through the pages she looked back up to me in disbelief.

"Haven't you become and diplomate for Iwagakure, why is it that you want to go back into the ANBU root, haven't you already grown sick to the shadows?"

I sighed the truth was I did hate it but I felt like I was contributing to my village and gaining strength from that.

"Yes but I need to get stronger, and help my village from threats," I said my voice cracking a bit when I mentioned the threats. She paused and looked at me straight.

"Follow me," she said abruptly getting out of her chair.

*Hope you guys liked this chapter! I tried to make it longer! Next chapter will be coming out as soon as possible! Thank you guys for reading! *