"Elle?" Reggie called out, walking over to her and slowly grabbing her hand. He shook his head, not knowing what to say. He was still new to this nurturing friends thing because he'd never had to be caring for his teammates, they were always tough and aggressive. "Elle, speak to me. Please."

Roselle moved her hands away from her face and looked at Reggie who was a bit taken back at how sad and broken she looked. Her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were red and a bit swollen. The Mantle boy hadn't ever seen someone upset like this before, he'd never had to comfort someone before.

"I can-can't do this anymore. It's like, I'm trying. I'm- I'm trying to see the positive things in life." Roselle sobbed out, shaking her head. "I'm really trying, I swear Reggie. But I can't do this anymore. I feel like I'm losing my mind."

Reggie sat still, not knowing how to respond to that. He wanted to hit himself, feeling stupid that he's just watching her cry. So he did what he felt was right; he hugged her. He let her cry on his shoulder, let out all the feelings she was bottling up. He kept rubbing her back, trying to do anything to soothe her.

Roselle's hands fisted against Reggie's shirt as he was the first person in Riverdale, in a while, to see her breakdown like that. Her sobs echoed in the white walls of the room, nothing but Reggie's arms and depression being the things that embraced her. But it felt like Reggie's arms had numbed the ache in heart, not healed it but numbed it.

"Um- I got you something." Reggie said awkwardly when he pulled away. Roselle wiped her tears away from her face, waiting for him to continue. The Mantle boy stood up, scratching his head uncomfortable before showing her the bouquet of roses. "The dark pink roses is a thank you for saving my life. The single white rose is I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Roselle asked in confusion. Reggie looked away from her, brushing his hair back before sighing.

"I'm, I'm sorry that I uh." Reggie begun, rubbing his lips together before staring directly into Roselle's eyes, one fist clenched. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you."

Roselle smiled at him, taking the bouquet of roses from his hand and put it near her lap. The floral smell brought a genuine smile on her face, happy that Reggie was being so thoughtful. Her heart was beating against her chest and her cheeks were rosier than the roses them self, bringing pride into Reggie Mantle himself. "So, can we please leave this shithole?"

"Yes, but there's a slight problem." Reggie gave her a slight sorry smile. Roselle looked at him, worried about what he was going to say next. "I told you're Aunt you're sleeping over at Veronica's. But Veronica is having a party right now."

"Oh." Roselle replied back, he eyebrows furrowing up. "But I can't go home, my leg still hurts and it'll look a bit suss."

"What's suss?" Reggie asked, head tilting a bit to the side. Roselle looked at him with a bit of humour, finding it funny how confused he was.

"Oh, forgot you're American." Roselle giggled, making Reggie smile. "Suss means suspicious. I'll look suspicious to my Aunt if I just rock up when I said I was going to sleep over at Veronica's and I can't even walk properly."

"Yes, and that's why I was thinking." Reggie trailed off, biting his lip as if he was too scared to ask. He was too scared to ask, and he wanted to slap himself. He always told girls to come over to his house, but this was different. This was Roselle Lily Parker. "If you want, I mean, to come over and sleep at mines, my parents are gone for a month and everything. I'll sleep on the coach and you'll sleep on my bed just so that-"