You Missed Me

A/N: He does not look like a donkey
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stepped onto the concrete stair ready to ring the doorbell. My hands quickly go numb as I took them out of my pockets into the cold air, while my used train ticket fell to the ground.

Looking over my shoulder towards the multiple polished cars in the driveway, I consider going back to Louisiana. But before I could, the front door swung open revealing the inside of his home.

"Ha! Those were good times man."

Someone I've never seen before shakes my cousin's hand, and then directs his attention to me with a questioning look before going to his car. I look straight at Draymond before walking past him inside the warm house. The house was huge and there were people everywhere dressed in suits and gowns. I ignore them and hastily went straight into the kitchen, placing my book bag on the bar stool. Then I grab a piece of chocolate from the bowl in front of me.

"And who might you be?" A lady with long brown hair and glasses on came up to me with champagne in her hand, and a fake smile on her face that read 'who the hell do you think you are?'

I looked at her and then continue to unwrap the gold plastic from around the chocolate, pretending she wasn't talking to me, so I could avoid an argument. Draymond comes over to us and whispers something in her ear, making her go back into the crowd that was still staring at us. He sits down beside me.

"Why are you here?" He smiles

"Because I knew you missed me" We both laughed in unison.

"Well, I haven't seen you in a while." He chuckles

There was a long pause before he scratched the back of his neck and asked:

"Are you alright?"

This question hit me hard, at this point in my life, I didn't even know what alright was. My skin burned from just the pure thought of my past. But I managed to keep my composure.

"I will be." I give him the best smile I can muster up. He sighs in contempt, believing the smile.

"There's a Guest Room upstairs, 3rd door on the left, you can sleep in there. Don't mind all these people" He said obviously feeling awkward at our current situation.

"What's going on? Never seen you in a suit before." I laugh

"Unfortunately It was my turn to host the banquet for our basketball team fundings, I will be begging strangers to give us money all night." He give me a fake smile then laughs.

"Well, I leave you to it then." I said as I readjust his tie. Draymond walks back into the crowd while I grab my book bag and head for the stairs.

As I walk upstairs I make eye contact with a familiar face. He had light brown eyes with a tiny splash of green. He wore a nicely-fit black tux with a perfected tie, and clean shoes. He looked amazing. We hold eye contact until a women comes along and redirects his attention by kissing his cheek. I take this time to hurry upstairs.

It takes me a good six minutes to find the guest room in this big house. The room was nicely decorated almost like the bedrooms in a magazine, making me immediately feel relaxed. I take a shower, put on some pajamas, and relax under the soft silk blanket. I look at the time on my phone that said 11:30pm before I start to drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: We can pretend this is what his house looks like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: We can pretend this is what his house looks like