Chapter 9

Alex's POV:
Ross had always been really good at school, he never missed a class and he never missed a day intentionally unless he was sick. Now he didn't want to go at all. I had to force him to go which was weird for me because normally I'd love to not go to school.

Alyssa came and found us in the morning.
"Alex!" She ran up to me.
"Has Mum and Dan seen the video?" I asked.
"Unfortunately, but you can come home if you want. Mum dumped Dan after some of the horrible things he said."
"Really?"
"Yes really. She said that no matter what you are still her son and Dan cannot say those things. He beat her then left," she said sadly.
"That dick head I'll kill him for hurting her," I balled up my fists. I felt a hand on my arm. It was Ross. I looked at him and he had sadness in his eyes. I couldn't do the things I used to anymore.
"She is ok, nothing real bad. If you want to come home you can....I don't know if Ross would be able to come with you."
"Well I got kicked out of my house. I was going to give my brother a call though," Ross said. Practically everyone knew about Sebastian and what happened even some people that were 10 at the time like Alyssa knew about Sebastian.
"Well where ever you choose to go, Alex, just know that Mum does still love you," she said.
"Thank you for telling me," I replied. She gave me a smile then walked back to her friends. Chris came back from talking to Katie he seemed really angry.
"What happened?" Ross asked.
"Yesterday afternoon Katie's parents came over to my house and told me that I couldn't date her daughter if I stayed friends with you two," he said angrily, "It's Katie's choice who she dates she is 17 for god sake. She is not a baby."
"So what did you do?" I asked.
"I said I wouldn't ditch you two. It's none of my business what you do in private I shouldn't affect my relationship with Katie."
"And what happened after that?"
"My mum got angry at her parents. Then she got angry at her parents. I'm allowed to date her again when she is 18."
"They can't know what happens at school," Ross said.
"She just told me Tristan is supposed to report back to them at the end of each week," he said sadly.
"Yo Scrot," Tristan said walking up.
"Speak of the devil," I said. He looked at Ross and I then looked to Chris.
"Katie talked to me, she really loves you," Tristan started, "I'm not going to be that asshole that breaks you apart. I'll lie to her parents if you don't hurt her."
"Is that the only catch?" Chris asked.
"Why the change of heart?" I asked. He looked at me, his face seemed different from before. It was much softer.
"Because it's none of my business. Katie is old enough and quite frankly more mature than I am. She should be able to make her own decisions and if she gets hurt than it's her fault. I hated to see how unhappy she was last time when her parents forced her to interact with a rich guy who was an asshole to her. She is really happy now, I'm not going to ruin it for her." Tristan then looked to Ross and I, "I heard what happened with your mother, Ross. I'm really sorry about it, I swear I had nothing to do with it. I realised that who you are with as nothing to do with me. Love is love, I just hope to find someone who loves me as much." He really did have a change of heart. Maybe he finally matured and stopped being a dickhead. "See you twats." He walked away. I guess some things never change.

Ross's POV:
I sat out in the backyard of Chris's home after school just holding my phone. I hoped that Sebastian hadn't changed his number. I had butterflies in my stomach I hadn't called him or even spoken to him in so long. Part of me thought he wouldn't even remember me. I gritted my teeth and called his number. It rung and rung until it went to voicemail. I got an even more sick feeling in my stomach, it was his number but I didn't know how many times I'd call him before I would get to worried to call again. I called it again and placed the phone up to my ear it rung three times.
"Hello?" It wasn't Sebastian, it was someone else. But it was his voice mail before. "Hello is anyone there?"
"Is...is this Sebastian," I said in a shaky voice.
"Who is asking?" The guy got a bit defensive.
"His brother," I said hesitantly.
"Ross?" The guy said softly. It was Adrian, I recognised his voice now.
"Please can I speak to Sebastian."
"Of course." I heard him walking and then speaking to Sebastian. It sounded like he grabbed the phone quite quickly.
"Ross are you ok?" Sebastian said. I felt tears fall down my cheek. It was so good it was so good to hear his voice again.
"I'm ok," I said with a croaky voice.
"I...I saw that video...did Mum see it?" I swear practically everyone has seen it.
"Yes.."
"Are you definitely ok?" He sounded so concerned.
"No," I said honestly tears rolling down my cheeks. I wiped them away and sniffled. "She kicked me out. She yelled at me and said she never wanted to see me again. She said I'm not her son." Another tear dropped down my cheek and I wiped it away.
"Oh Ross I'm so sorry."
"You didn't yell at me don't be sorry."
"Have you got somewhere to stay?"
"I'm at Chris's house. Remember him?"
"The short nerdy one?" I chuckled.
"Yeah that one."
"That guy, the one you kissed. Is that Alex?"
"Yeah." Sebastian went quiet for a second. "He is different now," I said feeling like Sebastian was disappointed in me.
"I just want you to be safe."
"I am."
"Do you want me to come get you?"
"Have you got a spare room?"
"For both you and Alex if he wants to come as well. You are my little brother I'll always have a space for you to stay."
"Thank you so much Sebastian."
"I'm looking forward to seeing you again."
"Me too."
"I'll come pick you up tomorrow afternoon."
"Ok."
"See you then little brother."
"See you then." He hung up. I wanted to stay on the phone so badly but I knew seeing him in person would be better. I felt a hand on my shoulder, then Alex sat down beside me. I put my head on his shoulder.
"I'm going to see my brother again," I said. Alex put his arm around me.
"I love you, Ross." I closed my eyes and felt a tear fall.
"I love you too," I said completely honestly.