Chapter 7

Alex's POV:
I woke up cuddled up to Ross again. I smiled at him peacefully sleeping without a care in the world. He stirred and opened his eyes. He looked up at me then smiled and cuddled up to me more. I wrapped my other arm around him and gave him a kiss on the forehead.
"Morning handsome," I said.
"Handsome, hey?" He looked up at me.
"Well you are." He chuckled.
"Good morning," he said. His alarm then went off. We both sighed at the same time.
"I just want to stay here forever," he said. I turned the alarm off.
"You're too good at school to miss a day," I said sitting up. He sat up with me and yawned. That's another thing I should improve, my school work. If the worst happened I can't be labeled dumb as a brick just because I could never be bothered to try. I wanted to start making an effort now.

We got breakfast and got ready for school then headed off. I was tempted to hold his hand but I knew that there were neighbours that would tell and then his mum would probably come home early.

We reached Chris's place and he came racing out trying desperately to put his bag on. I chuckled at his struggle.
"I was running late, ok," he said finally getting it on.
"Congratulations. You were finally able to put it on," I said.
"Didn't I tell you get your mind out of the gutter," Ross said.
"Like you could get it the first time," Chris said a little salty.
"Ooo did someone already do it!" I said a little too loud.
"No..."
"You so did," Ross chimed in.
"I did not....I got close and she got scared. I'm not going to push her."
"As you shouldn't," I said.
"Like you can talk."
"Excuse me every girl consented. I'll have you know I have been turned down." I looked to Ross who poked me in the side. Chris laughed.
"I'm still not getting used to you two. It's just weird...well not weird. But you used to be friends and seemingly so straight."
"Honestly I wasn't expecting it so how weird do you think it was for me," Ross said.
"Do I get a say in how weird it was for me. I had to actually experience it after all."
"I think you surprised everyone around you. Like if Ross just came out no one would be as surprised," Chris said.
"I didn't even surprise myself," Ross said and chuckled.

Tristan was at the gate as usual. He was standing with Katie. As we neared she walked up to Chris and held his hand. Tristan said absolutely nothing, probably because she was there.
"Told you is shut him up," Katie said looking back at Ross. He smiled at her.
"Thanks." That either happened yesterday or when I wasn't here.

Ross's POV:
Everything seemed ok. It seemed some people had forgotten or just stopped caring. No one said anything in our classes, but come recess. Chris was with Katie so it was just Alex and I. Our sitting spot had been overrun by girls so we walked around trying to find a new spot. A small group of people followed him around. It angered me again, but I couldn't just tell them to go away.
"Why do they still follow you around," I said slightly angry.
"Because they want a gay best friend," Alex said. He didn't seem bothered, but then again he was used to being popular.
"Alex!" These girls walked around and stopped us from moving. "Come on Alex sit with us, if you don't have anywhere else to go," they said way too excitedly, "you can tell us all about your boyfriend!" They squealed. Oh for god sake.
"Sorry but.." I grabbed Alex's collar and kissed him. He seemed so caught off guard that he didn't kiss me back for a second. He seemed to forget where he was and he kissed me back. I heard squeals and remembered where I was. Oh shit what did I just do. I pulled back and opened my eyes. It was like a bunch of fan girls just got what they wanted. Everyone was standing there staring at us. I really should have thought about what I was doing before I did it.
"Ha! I knew it Ross! I'm so going to tell your Mum that both her sons are fags!" Tristan said loudly.
"Excuse me!" Alex stepped in front of me, "your nice to me when I come out, you don't go run off and tell my mum's boyfriend who you know is homophobic. But you will still bully my boyfriend." Boyfriend, Alex considered me his boyfriend. My heart melted.
"What...Alex....I thought you were joking just to protect your...friend." I stepped a little around Alex.
"No I wasn't fucking joking. I was being 100% serious."
"I..I....I was friends with a fag. Fuck you Alex. You can go die for tricking me like that. What was your intention to get into my pants."
"Oh fuck you Tristan, I have my standards asshole," Alex snapped. Tristan looked horrified and walked away. There was really nothing he could have said. I saw Chris and Katie standing off to the side. Alex grabbed onto my hand and pulled me away. Everyone was still staring at us. I massive lump formed in my throat. So many people here knew who my mum was, so many people had parents that would just love to hear that I turned out exactly like my brother.
"Alex..." I said softly. My stomach was tightening. She was going to find out...she was going to know. My legs were barely working. If Alex wasn't pulling me along I probably would have fallen to the ground. "Alex...stop please." We got to Katie and Chris. I could feel my eyes watering. I was fucking screwed. My chest tightened I felt like I couldn't breath, it hurt. My legs buckled from underneath me and arms wrapped around me and kept me up. Alex pulled me into him and hugged me tightly.
"It's going to be ok," he said.
"Why the hell did you do that Ross?" Chris asked.
"Don't interrogate him," Alex snapped being protective.
"I'll go talk to Tristan see if I can change his mind," Katie said. God help me that she can.
"Good idea," Alex said. I felt like I could stand again and got back on my own feet instead of Alex holding me up. He let go of me and let me stand on my own.
"I honestly don't know why I did that," I said, "I think I was just fed up of Alex getting praise and me still being bullied. Yes Alex I know you deleted messages off my phone." He looked at me a little guilty. I'm glad he did though, if he deleted them then they weren't worth seeing.
"Well it turns out Tristan thought it was a joke," Alex said, "he was bloody terrified when he found out it wasn't."
"Even if Katie is able to talk Tristan out of it. It doesn't stop other people from telling their parents and then it eventually getting to my mother. There are some people who dislike her and would just love if both her sons turned out to be gay."
"Have you spoken to Sebastian yet?" Chris asked.
"No..." I said a little guiltily. I hadn't actually talked to him in three years, since he left.
"Now would probably be a good idea."
"I know." Katie came jogging back.
"Ok, Tristan is solved. He won't be a dickhead at least. At least if one person says it's false then your mum might think it's false right?"
"I'll still probably move schools though," I said honestly. As soon word got to my mum that I kissed a guy she would be home and I'd be out of this school and as far away as possible.
"I'm so dead," I covered my face with my hands.
"Hey, Hey. It's ok. It will be ok." Alex hugged me. Sometimes I wished I wasn't like this, but with Alex I wished it wasn't any different.