Part 1

Warning: This book is based off "The Vampire Diaries" series. Be warned many things from this book are changed. If you have a problem with this, don't read the book. I'm the writer of this fanfiction, and what I write goes.

Chapter 1

Ember was on her way home when she heard a loud scream come from the alleyway. She gulps and turns to walk the other way. As soon as she moves, she feels a rush of wind and a hand clasp around her throat, dragging her back into the alley. She gasps as all of this happens, and struggles for breath, hitting whatever she can to try and escape.

"Let go of me!" Ember yells, anger pulsing through her.

"I have been looking for you for a long time, Katerina," Klaus says.

"My name is Ember," she says, gasping for breath.

Klaus tips his head downward, frowning.

"Hm. You certainly dress like Katerina would" Klaus tells her, smiling slightly as he compels Ember to forget everything that happened, and think she saw a couple making out.

After Klaus had compelled her, he let her go and smiled sweetly.

"Hello, love! Why is a pretty thing like you walking all alone in a dirty alley?"

Ember gulps and looks around. "Um... No reason. I need to go" Ember says as she turns and quickly walks away. Klaus' smile fades as he watches her figure slowly disappear.

"This should be fun" Klaus tells himself under his breath as he turns around and heads toward home.

****

As Ember entered her home, her sister Elena was waiting for her at the doorway. "Where were you?" Elena snaps.

"Oh shut up, Elena. I was walking home through the alley, and I saw a couple making out. I decided to take the long way home" Ember snaps back.

"Still, Ember..." Elena continues, sighing.

"Elena, I'm fine. Stop acting like you're my parent. We're the same age, remember? We're the miracle twins. Born at the same time, and not a second apart. Remember the scientists said that it was impossible?" Ember half-yells, trying to control her anger as she stomps to her room, slamming the door. Elena huffs in frustration, staring down at the floor.

During her two whole seconds of deep thought, she decided to call Stefan.

"Hello?" Stefan answers.

"Hey, Stefan. I want to tell her. Tell Damon to prepare himself for a very distraught girlfriend" Elena says through the phone, laughing.

"I can try... Damon won't be too happy about that, but alright. I'll tell him it's for the best".

"Thank you, Stefan... Also, can you tell Damon it's time to give the gift as well? now that we are going to tell her it's time" Elena says.

"All right, I will. He just got home so I'll tell him now... We'll talk soon"

"Good-bye" Elena says as she hangs up. She sits there for a moment, thinking, then gets up to go to her room, eventually falling asleep.

****

As Damon walks inside, Stefan sighs a little then looks up at Damon. "Can you come here for a moment, please?" Stefan asks, frowning slightly.

"What is it, brother?" Damon answers.

"Elena wants to tell Ember about... about us as vampires"

"What?! No way. This is going to come back to bite her butt eventually. As long as she doesn't know, she wont get hurt" Damon yells angrily.

"Damon, she needs to know, and she needs you there with her when she finds out. It's better to tell her then to have her find out on her own and be scared to death" Stefan argues. They stare at the ground for what seemed like forever, then eventually look back up.