Origin I.I : Seeing The Wolf

"Ticket please," the rabbit said leaning on his desk tiredly. Jayke looked back and pulled out his entrance ticket to Downpour city, he also showed his police badge he got that morning for identification. "Go on through." the rabbit as Jayke was given back his documents.

Jayke had been to the city many times, in fact, he lived there for a short time in his teens. He was known as 'The Fox' since it seemed almost impossible at the time for any gangs to find him and get him to do their bidding, but that's a thing of the past it no longer affected him current-day. Jayke kept solemnly walking down the street and looking ahead to where he'd be staying for the month or so he'd be operating in this case. After walking a few more minutes he came across the Instinct Inn, a place he knew very well. He walked in and walked up to the front desk where he saw a familiar face to greet him.

"Is that Jaykie!" he heard the high-pitched voice ring from behind the counter. There stood a beautiful vixen around 5"4 in height, wearing what seemed to be some questionable clothing for her job. "I haven't seen you in so long!" she exclaimed reaching out and hugging him a little too tight. He squirmed motioning for her to let go. When she noticed she quickly pulled back giving Jayke a moment to breathe again.

"Dear lord Samantha, why do you still have to call me that?" Jayke askes readjusting his messed up cloak.

"Sorry, Jaykie I just loooooveeee that name!" Jayke sighed at her response and quickly ordered a room whilst they bantered. They talked for quite a while afterward, luckily the inn was so remote and unused that there were no new visitors to cut off their chatter.

"So what are you doing here anyway?" Sam asked inquisitively.

"Work," Jayke responded and he took back his wallet and stashed it in his pocket, "and before you ask, no Sam I'm not allowed to tell you about it." she frowned sadly and nodded understanding how classified his life was.

"Alright, but you gotta take me out to dinner sometime this week so we can catch back up on the past Jaykie!" he rolled his eyes at her comment sarcastically.

"Fine I can do that," she lit up at his response and hopped around happily. Whilst this was going on Jayke took this time to walk away and off to his room, he heard her celebrating in the distance and chuckled to himself. "She is such a weirdo sometimes."

Jayke stepped down the hall to his apartment door, pulling out the key that was very tarnished and damaged from use with the number '24' engraved on the handle. He slid it in and cranked it unlocking the door, he pushed it open and as usual, it creaked open dramatically, like he was about to step into a room with a dead person hung or chopped up. He chuckled at the thought of it and stepped on in looking around. The dusty room had an eerie feel but had the necessities. A desk for him to work at, a 2 person bed, that he would gladly abuse the hell out of, and the average kitchen and bathroom. He hung his cloak on the coat hanger in his closet and pulled off his bag off the arm and started to unpack. He put his clothes in the old dresser and his technology and file folder on the desk in the room. He made sure to keep his gun and an extra within arms reach of the bed as well.

He walked over to the kitchen and looked around and as expected it was completely empty. He shut the cabinets and decided that since his case officially started tomorrow he would go get some food and such. He holstered his Beretta and pulled on his cloak stepping back outside of the apartment and walking to the exit. After a quick wave goodbye to Samantha at the front desk, he stepped outside, finally getting a chance to look around the city. The lights flashing as expected and the streets quick quiet for this part of town. He initially thought it was odd but he pushed it aside as he made his way towards the grocery store. He reached the grocery store and gazed at it for a minute, it reminded him of his hometown. It was a modestly small store, sat between two large skyscraper buildings, it stuck out nicely, a local place for shopping no big brands or anything. Jayke felt the nostalgia wash over him as he took a step towards the door and a heard a crash further down the street. This crash was followed by lots of yelling and screaming of townsfolk.

Jayke's fox instincts kicked in and he went to high gear, running on all fours to reach the scene. He arrived and saw a car flipped over and crashed into a small banking building. The car was not flipped by a driver, he could tell, the car was completely on its top, impossible to happen on these narrow streets, even in the worst of car accidents. He held up his badge to the policemen as he swept by and ran inside, he had a feeling if there was a culprit they would still be here, it was too convenient to hit a banking establishment of all places. He scanned the entrance floor not seeing much besides a front desk with missing personnel. His ears swiveled as he heard clawing and ripping of fur upstairs, he took off dropping his cloak near the entrance and rushed up the stairs. He reached the second floor in time to see a flash of red and black fur dash across the room and up the next flight of stairs. In front of him were downed security. He quickly looked at the downed guards and looked back to the stairs and rushed off. The guards had been downed, but not downed to death, the thief obviously knew his or her ways. They were unable to move, yet not incredibly injured. Easily able to live from their experience. Just a few months in nearby hospitals would fix the job. Jayke reached the top of the next staircase to see the animal he had seen before trying to open the vault, he held up his gun instinctively and yelled like he was back in the hot seat.

"Hands up! Downpour City DP!" the animal stood up and raised their hands, "Turn around now, and keep your hands in the air!" Jayke bellowed stalling for other officers to come up. The culprit turned around and being within 100 feet of her, yes her, Jayke could read her details. Not very tall only a foot larger than him, wolf species, being that height is short for wolves. The culprit seemed to have a pouch around her torso and was wearing little-to-nothing protection, just a battle-formed bra and what seemed to be a basic pair of leather shorts. Explains why she could move fast. They stood there a couple more moments and she began to speak.

"Well you're the first to be able to keep up with me, silly animals like the rhinos and wolves on your pathetic force cant keep up nearly as much, first time I've been at gunpoint in years." she chuckled to herself. Jayke just kept to his instincts, his hands not shaking a bit holding the gun aimed near her low torso. Doing this he didn't respond and she sighed. "This is quite boring fox, can you just come and cuff me already" she dropped her satchel convincingly and held her hands forward and near one another as if preparing to be cuffed. Jayke knew something was fishy, he took a step forward and that's when she moved. She quickly pulled a knife out of her back pocket and chucked it at Jayke, he dodged it narrowly as it shaved a good inch off his armfur. He shot at her left leg and she narrowly dodged. She then through another knife knocking the gun out of his hand and he flinched and she threw too more both nearly missing. He changed plans and decided to stay by the exit and stared at her ready to pounce if she tried to get out. He could hear the other guards clashing their hooves and such up the stairs and he knew he just needed to hold on a few more seconds and he looked at her. She just smirked.

"This was fun, but next time you won't have help to stop me from tearing you apart fox, you just made me miss my dinner tonight." after she said this she jumped out of the window and crashed onto a nearby roof running. Jayke quickly ran up and grabbed his gun and jumped out the window, knowing he won't make the jump he aimed mid-air and shot his Beretta at the wolf. It hit her foot and she yelped as she kept moving now with a limp. Yet he only caught a glimpse before crashing into a dumpster below, quickly passing out from the impact.