lucky luck boy

"Um, Malfoy," Harry muttered. "What are you doing?" Baffled, he looked at the Slytherin, who didn't seem to be concerned at all.
"I'm resting. I'm so tired," Malfoy mumbled, eyelids fluttering shut. He did sound pretty sleepy. Harry blinked as Malfoy's lips stretched into a soft, contented smile.

"Okay," Harry said slowly. "But why are you resting on my lap?"
"Why not?" Malfoy replied. "Seems like a good place to me."

Harry stiffened as Malfoy turned his head and snuggled into him. What was he playing at?
"Oi, Harry!" Harry looked up. Seamus had just entered the eighth year common room and was grinning at him. "Don't you two look cosy," he said with a wink. Harry blushed and tried to move his legs but Malfoy was just too heavy.
"I have no idea what's going on," Harry murmured. What had gotten into Malfoy?
"And then we have to get started on Transfiguration but first we have to- Oh!" Hermione stopped dead behind Seamus. Her eyes widened as she took in the sight before her, her studying schedule obviously forgotten. If only momentarily. Ron, who had seemed rather displeased with his girlfriend's evening plans a second ago, suddenly had a weird glint in his eyes.

Harry watched his friends and was shocked when Hermione clutched her chest and put her other hand on Ron's arm. He smiled at her and nodded.
"I thought something like this might happen," he snickered.
"What?" Harry spluttered. When Pansy came into sight, a knowing grin on her face, Harry felt like they were all in on a joke he didn't get. "Can somebody please tell me what is going on?"

"Shhhhh," came from Harry's lap. "Trying to sleep here, remember?"
Harry eyed Malfoy suspiciously. He had to admit, he might have reacted a little differently if they had been alone. It was a bit sudden, but he wasn't all that opposed to Malfoy lying on his lap.

Harry's eyes darted to his friends again when Hermione leaned over to Pansy and whispered something to her. Looking exasperated, Pansy nodded. Harry still wasn't used to the fact that they were all getting along so well now. Pansy could be fun but, still, Harry was a bit wary around her.

He kept his eyes on her as Hermione strode over to him.
"Don't be mad," she told him. Harry frowned.
"What did you do?"
"Well..." She looked at him sheepishly. "It's more what I didn't do."

Harry looked at her, puzzled. She leaned closer to him and dropped her voice to a whisper.
"I didn't stop Pansy, when she stole something from Slughorn's personal stores and put it into Malfoy's tea this morning."
Harry's frown deepened.
"What did she put in his tea?"
Hermione bit her lip and put a hand on his shoulder.

"We just felt like he deserved a good day for once. He's been through so much." She gazed at Malfoy thoughtfully. "That's not to say you haven't been having a hard time, either," she added hastily. "But Pansy thought you might... benefit from it as well. Seems like she was right."

Harry looked between Malfoy and Hermione, not understanding what she was telling him. It must have shown on his face. Hermione sighed and shook her head.
"Felix Felicis, that's what Pansy put in his drink."

Harry's mouth dropped open.
"That's why he's being so weird?"
"You were weird, too, when you took it in sixth year," Hermione reminded him.
Yeah, Harry mused, it had been a strange experience. He had felt so happy and cheerful, like nothing could go wrong. And, somehow, he had known exactly what he had to do to get... to get what he wanted.

Oh!

Harry's eyes darted back to Malfoy, who was still smiling contentedly with his eyes closed. Harry wondered what would have happened if his friends had given him the potion, instead of Malfoy. He doubted things would have been this forward but, maybe, it would have had a similar outcome.

Ignoring the fact that everyone in the room was watching him, he slowly raised his hand and ran his fingers through Malfoy's hair. The Slytherin let out a long sigh that made the corners of Harry's mouth twitch.
As he sat there, stroking Malfoy's hair and marvelling at the fluttery feeling in his stomach, Harry thought it was lucky he and Malfoy apparently wanted the same thing.

A/N
SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG
IM GETTING BACK INTO WRITING
WRITING MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.
SO HERES A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS