Chapter 8: Out with the old, in with the old

A week has passed since I crashed at Brent's house and I've been home, all alone in my room not even bothering to go to school. Only leaving my room to go downstairs to force myself something to eat.

After I got home, I layed on my bed and searched my entire brain for memories of Brent's dad but after hours of laying there thinking I gave up all hopes of remembering him and went to bed.

In the morning when I got up, ready and prepared to go to school I got a text from a blocked number which caused me to change my mind.

FLASHBACK 1 WEEK AGO

As I lay in bed happily dreaming when I felt something burning my leg. I shot up from my way too comfortable position and looked at my leg only to realize that it was the sun shining on my leg from my window. 'Silly forgetful me' I thought as I realized I forgot to pull across my curtains last night.

I got up and went to the bathroom (which is connected to my room) and brushed my teeth and I heard my phone going off but decided to leave it alone. 

Making my way back to my room I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall and saw that I had 30 minutes to get ready and leave the house if I wanted to be on time for school.

I decided I should hurry and ran back to the bathroom and took a quick shower and washed my hair.

As I stepped out my  bathroom door an unusual bad feeling washed over me but being the careless girl I've grown to be, I ignored it.

After throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt I put my damp hair into a pony tail and put on some flats, not really caring how I looked for the day.

I figured that maybe if I dressed like this often that Brent would loose interest in me because he usually goes for girls who dress like total glamour divas.

I grabbed my back pack and headed downstairs and grabbed a blueberry muffin which had a note attached to it. 

''Out to work for the day, might not be home tonight have a good day and enjoy your muffin. I know it's ur favorite! x -Anna''

After eating my muffin I took up my keys and headed out the door when it dawned on me that my phone was by my bedside, so I made a U-Turn and ran up the stairs for it.

After retrieving it I slowly walked down the stairs while going through it. I was rather surprised after I saw that I had 10 missed calls from an unknown number and a few texts...all picture texts. 

Exept for one.

'Everthing is not as it seems my beautiful Becca Bee'

The only person who called me Becca Bee was Peter. Should I even be surprised that he got my number?

The pictures that were sent were all of me at random places. At the mall, the grocery store, the park, a restaurant with Anna. But the last one was of me and Brent in the parking lot yesterday in the car. There was a caption underneath that said, ''I don't approve of this.''

FLASHBACK OVER

After that little incident something inside me triggered and I was angry and confused and depressed at the same time. For what reason? I really don't know to this day. Hence why I stayed home for an entire week.

After deciding Peter wasn't worth my time and it's my life and I should be able to live it how I wanted to I took a shower and washed the old scaredy Becca down the drain and afterwards the new and improved Becca was born.

I wore a  white tank top with BAM! sprawled across the front and a cute black leather skirt which wasn't too short so I didn't look slutty. I paired it off with black flats, (this new Becca had a thing for flat shoes now) and some hoop earrings with a necklace that used to belong to my mom. I styled my hair into a crown looking-like twist so there was no hair in my face or on my shoulders.