Judgement (9 months later)

Start from the beginning

-"Get to work, and fast!" I ordered.

     After holding off the relentless hordes of enemy soldiers, our operators yelled in frustration.

-"Dammit! Sir, they put the system on lockdown, the only way we're shutting this down is by destroying the controls." he said.

-"Well there goes my plan to actually use the flak. Alright, plant charges, this room won't exist in a few minutes." I said.

The charges were eventually set up and we detonated them once outside the room. 

-"Sergeant, the flak is offline, burn it!" I said into my radio.

-"Sir, we're reading unusual power fluctuations inside the reactor core, something's happening!" the sergeant yelled in warning.

     Right as he finished that transmission, the ground started shaking, sending a few to the floor.

-"Brace!" I yelled hanging onto a nearby pole.

     Once the rumbling stopped, the men and I called for an evac ship. We still didn't know what was going on but we just needed to get out of here. We made our way for the closest escape hatch and stepped outside. I immediately felt a strong wind blowing against my face. We were in the sky, this was a warship...smart, Zeke. Very smart.

     It doesn't matter, the shells would burn this place down anyway

     It doesn't matter, the shells would burn this place down anyway. We went over to an edge which dropped off to a lower deck. Luckily the transport was here. With the defenses offline, the ship had an easy time getting close enough for us to board. The hatch opened and I made the squad get on first.

-"Sergeant, fire at will, burn it down!" I said into my radio.

     I was about to board myself until I felt something ramming against my side, sending me over the edge. The men called out my name as I fell through the sky. Someone really wanted me to themselves. I would've obliged if they had just asked for a duel. We crashed down on a lower deck over the dropship bay, meaning that below us was miles of empty sky. My suit saved me from being crushed and my assailant went a few feet away from me. We both stood up slowly and looked at each other.

A/N: Start now

      I saw this person also wearing a suit with what seemed like similar purpose to mine. We both knew that whoever it was could not stand a chance against my Praetor Armor. After a while of a tense atmosphere growing, I recognized who this was and was about to speak until he did first. 

-"I gotta try." I heard him say in a voice I recognized instantly.

     There was a brief pause before I spoke as well.

-"...I know you do."

     The air seemed to grow stale as our movements were limited to our eyes. Until finally, he lashed out. I quickly raised my sword to block the attack and counter with a few small consecutive slashes. He also managed to get some hits in as well, hits that wouldn't simply buff out. More and more clashes filled the air with sounds of scraping. I wound up for a heavy attack and him likewise. Our swords clashed with a fury of sparks and flashes. Our swords pressed against each other. But something happened that made me genuinely concerned. He was winning this hold. Eventually, my hold failed and he forced my sword down and kicked it out of my hands forcefully. He then tackled me to the ground and started punching me in the face over and over, denting the faceplate of the Praetor Armor.