Brute Force (2 months later)

The war was physically and mentally exhausting on both sides. With multiple casualties and injuries on both The Unforgiven and The Last Resort. I already know we're going to get what's left of us torn apart, so I decided to spend at least a little bit of that time by myself. I was at the side of the water where the ruins of the ancient nation, Tari, used to be. It was rather foggy and my visibility was cut short thanks to it. I've been here before, the environment is nothing new but the feeling I had certainly was. I wasn't feeling anything physically or emotionally that could be different but I felt as if I was wanted here...needed almost. I felt a sort of clarity...like a serenity you'd never expect from just sitting on a waterfront. I was thinking about how much I wish I could go back to the good old days. Back to me being a pilot. IF, Compa and I being together. Just a decent life that wasn't filled with bullets, explosions and blood. I was about to close my eyes, thinking about that thought, until a very loud, sudden sound came from the water. I snapped my eyes open again and stared at the water for anything. It sounded like some sort of short siren going off. It happened again every ten seconds for the next 2 minutes until it started getting louder and more frequent. The eerie and strangely alluring noise felt like it was getting closer, coming in from the sea. Something was about to present itself to me, but I wasn't scared or expecting something dangerous. As the sound got louder, it no longer resembled that of a siren but rather, that of a voice calling without using words. Unfortunately, it stopped very abruptly. I waited for a few seconds before speaking to seemingly no one.

-"Come on, don't just leave me like this!" I said, wanting the sound to return.

     My wish was granted...but I seemed to have received more than what I asked for. Along with the sound, a massive metal being slowly emerged from the ocean, showing that the sound was merely a signal of its arrival. Once the water had fallen off and what I presumed to be its eyes opened, we stared at each other for a long moment.

 Once the water had fallen off and what I presumed to be its eyes opened, we stared at each other for a long moment

     The lumbering beast did not make any sudden movements while seeming to be watching my own. I started examining the monster. It looked to be a combination of various metal parts to form a sort of robot. It was not a robot, as it did not show any signs of having power flowing through him and yet, he was made of a metal exterior. I took one very slow step backwards and it took notice. I think it could tell that I was confused and waiting for something to happen. It looked at its hand and then lowered it down in front of me, seeming to invite me on. I cautiously stepped on and it raised its hand to eye level. After another few seconds of staring at each other, it actually spoke.

-"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...V.I.P. 'LOGAN' FOUND. ESCORTING TO RENDEZVOUS..." It said as it started walking back into the ocean.

-"What!? No way you're taking me away!" I said as I jumped off his hand, hoping to land in the water.

     It extended its other hand and caught me in that one.

-"LOGAN, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY CREATOR HAS REQUESTED YOUR PRESENCE AND THAT YOU MEETING HIM COULD GREATLY HELP IN YOUR CURRENT STRUGGLE." It said.