-20- Recharge

Danny sat at the kitchen counter, a bowl of cereal in front of him. Dick in Robin uniform also had cereal in hand, the rest of the team was sprawled out through the mountain.

Superboy was training with Kaldur and Wally and Artemis were also in suit playing a video game in the living room while M'gann watched with confused fascination.

The events of the early morning were still present in the air, everyone didnt know how to feel about it so they ignored it until Robin felt like sharing. Danny took another bite, whatever had happened had left him starving. He was a little tired but the overall excitement of the event left him very much awake.

Danny had an intense flashback, to his days with the GIW, the days where he would do more than just fight robots. Robin had cradled him for an hour before Danny had stirred. Despite his nightmare he woke calmly, resulting in another hour of laying in his older brothers loving' arms absolutely exhausted by the turama.

After a while Robin asked what had happened, Danny spilt it all. Every experiment, every catastrophe, every pain filled moment was laid out for Robin to see. It took several hours, making them late to breakfast.

Currently, he and Robin sat together at the counter, watching Wally get his butt handed to him by Artemis. There were lots of moving parts and colors that Danny made no sense of, but he was able to figure out they were in little cars on a road that was really hard to stay on. It was rainbow colored and in space, there was no ground so it was easy for the karts to get off track. Wally grumbled every time his kart fell off or when Artemis sent him a weird blue shell with wings.

Dick eyed his brother. He had gone through so much at such a young age, it made his own past look like candyland. Danny was immensely more powerful than he admitted, and had bigger demons than Dick imagined.

He had killed people.

Many, many people. His shy, cute, somewhat goofy little brother didnt look like he would hurt a fly. But there was something in the way Danny described killing made it seem like it wasn't him who chose to kill those people. And he looked so scared he would do it again, Dick was going to get to the bottom of this.

After Danny was done he pushed the bowl away, Robin took it along with his and put them in the sink. Danny lazily looked around, what would they do now? M'gann was enthralled by the video game that Artemis and Wally were playing, Danny was also curious.

Danny hopped down from his stool and made his way over to the couch, standing on Wally's side of the screen. He wondered if he could touch it and feel the race track or fall into the empty space. He moved in front of the screen, getting super close before trying to reach up and touch it.

"Whatchya doin Phantom?" Robin asked with a smile, Danny was always so curious about simple things. It spoke volumes of his captivity but it was adorable to watch. Danny turned with his hand still up, he looked to the tv, was he not supposed to touch it? He let his hand down and turned sheepishly to his older brother.

"Sorry," He said in a small voice, his bright green eyes glancing over to the other teens before returning to his brother "c-can I touch it?"

Artemis and Wally both wore smiles while M'gann giggled quietly into her hand, Robin's face broke out in a grin. "Sure, lemme help." He walked over and picked Danny up, hoisting him onto his hip before raising him up Lion King style. Wally nearly busted out laughing, so he left his cart to go off track and found his phone, taking a picture of the adorable scene.

Delighted, Danny reached up and finally touched the screen, it was warm, he moved his hand around creating a static-like buzzing under his fingers. Curiosity satisfied he pulled back. Robin put him back on the ground while Wally regained his controller and started playing again.