23. If She Confessed

I thought I was scared when against Malini. Truth was, I was scared now. There seemed to be a strange fire in his eyes, daring me to pick one, but knowing that either way I would lose. I did not understand his hostile glance, for I should be the one mad at him for avoiding my question earlier.

I knew better than to pick truth and answer one of his questions. Who knows what he would ask? I didn't want to risk that. Even though I knew dare would be a problem as well, I picked it. "Dare."

Instead of leaning back on his elbow, he sat up at my choice, smirking. "I'll have to give it to you, didn't think you'd pick dare."

"Just tell me what you want me to do." I grumbled, wanting to get this over with as soon as possible.

"Rehan's closet for 10 minutes."

"Dude, it's a mess in there." Rehan pointed out.

Armaan didn't blink his eyes away from me, forcing me to get up. He wasn't changing his dare. He knew I was afraid of the dark. But, I wasn't backing off his challenge. I asked Rehaan, "Which way is your room?"

"Walk down the hallway. You'll know." He answered, looking embarrassed that perhaps I was going to find out how messy he kept his room.

Just as I started to walk, Angad piped in, "Wait, Armaan, I think it's time you pay up on the dare you owe me."

His eyes turned to him, "Now? We can wait till hers is done."

Muskaan shook her head, joining hands with the devil, "Nope, this is the perfect time. You're going in there with her."

Armaan stiffened, "I don't think so." The guy was petrified of being locked in small spaces.

"I think so!" Muskaan gritted, and walked over to him, forcing Armaan to get up by pulling him up. "If you want me to forgive you for the first time we met, you are going to shut up and get in the fucking closet."

Armaan was pushed by her. "Language, Muski." He scolded her, but she only pushed him further. She made sure to walk us to the closet and then waited till we walked inside against our will. I heard the latch click, and I knew she had locked it from outside, making sure we'd stay in here for 10 minutes.

Inside, it was very dark. Armaan pulled out his phone and turned on the dim light it offered. "Here," He handed the phone to me.

A minute had passed by since we stood in silence. I gave up and finally sat down, pulling my legs to my chest, giving him room to sit as well. There better not be anything dirty on the floor, because otherwise, Rehaan was going to be in for a treat. Knowing there was no better option, he slid down next to me, pushing as some clothes that came under his foot. The closet wasn't big enough for both of us.

I asked seconds later. "You okay?" I had the phone light so I wasn't afraid of the dark as much. But he was still trapped in a tiny place, which meant his phobia was still there.

"Yeah..." He tried to sound convincing but terribly failed at it.

I decided to divert his attention. "By the way... you need to record that song for me."

He replied with a teasing smile on his face. "Love it that much, huh?"

"Hmm, maybe. I think I could fall asleep listening to it. You wouldn't have to talk me to sleep."

He nudged his shoulder with mine, commented, "You know I don't mind it at all. I honestly feel we've been closest the last few months than ever."