10. A Love Letter

Song: Tu Jahaan - Salaam Namaste by Sonu Nigam & Mahalakshmi Iyer

===

Getting to his flat, Nikita went straight to his kitchen. He went to his room and pulled out a book he had started to write in whenever he felt that he had something to tell Riddhima. This was his solution. He wasn't going to move on, but like she wanted, he was going to live. He could live in his present and still keep his promises to her. He had decided that one day when they'd meet again and the timing was in their favor, he would give the book to her. She just wouldn't know it, but all along, she was still one of the first people he shared everything major in his life with.

He bitter-sweetly recalled the night he had made this particular promise to her.

===

Around midnight, I sit up in bed hearing a sound outside in my balcony. I dismiss it, but then I hear a knock on the door, like someone threw something. I reach over and turn on the lamp. I don't see anything, but I still walk over to the balcony and open it.

Before I can stick my head out, someone pushes in, covering my mouth so I won't scream. I still struggle and try to push the intruder back.

"Relax, basket. It's me." I open my eyes and under the small light from the lamp, I realize it is him. For a brief moment, I feel relief. Then, I angrily push his hand away.

"What the hell, Armaan? Why would you climb up? You could have hurt yourself."

He doesn't answer my question and just reaches forward to touch my forehead with the back of his hand. I try to swat it away, but he doesn't let me. A few seconds later, he moves it on his own accord and comments, "Huh, no fever."

"Ofcourse I don't have a..." I trail off when he raises his brows at me and I realize that's the lie my mom must have told them when they came by earlier.

He crosses his arms across his chest. "I can see that. So, why'd you ditch?"

"I don't need to tell you that," I answer, mimicking his actions and standing my ground. "Leave now."

Instead of listening, like he never does anyway, he comes further in my room and drops on the bed, keeping himself up on an elbow. "Not till you tell me why you ditched."

"Whatever," I answer and get back in bed and purposely pull the blanket from under him, signaling that he needed to get off my bed. "I'm sure you know my parents check up on me before going to bed. Make sure to leave before that happens."

From underneath the blanket, I kick him a bit to make room for myself, moving him to sit at the edge.

I turn off the light and bring my knees up, snuggling into the blanket. I close my eyes and wait, but for the longest, I don't feel him move and get up from my bed to leave. The muscles in my body eventually start to relax as I focus on my breathing. Just when I think he will leave when he gets up, I feel his hand moving the blanket down to bit to reveal my face.

"Hey... were you, um, having cramps?"

I open my eyes at the question, feeling awkward, "God, will you go away if I said yes?"

He looks at me for a second and then makes his decision. "I'm not God, but no." He informs and jumps over me to get to the other side of the bed. The mattress bounces as he does.

If I wasn't already feeling gloomy, I would have hit him for his cocky remark. Instead, I tried to stick to my words, "Armaan, get the hell off my bed and leave!"