Chapter 2- Strange Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Are you serious? You're upset, right now, because last year I puked when you kissed me?"

"The thought of kissing me makes you sick even now, I'm sure."

"Flynn... that's because I'm straight."

I froze with furrowed brows. "And I'm not?"

"I don't know. I mean, I didn't know that I was supposed to be happy that I kissed my best friend." He turned to Riley and Sylvia. "Am I supposed to be happy? Honored that he decided to ruin my night?"

Riley and Sylvia were staring at me when I turned to them.

"Flynn," Oliver turned back to me," I don't know if being okay with you kissing me is supposed to be a sign that I'm your friend. But I've done other things to prove that. I failed my final exam for you."

"What?"

He sighed. "I-uh.. The night I helped you study... I wasn't ready for my test. I failed it."

"You didn't have to prep me for my exam. I could've taken it without your help."

"I don't care about the fact that I failed it-"

"But I do, and your parents did. And you blame me-"

"I'm not blaming anyone-"

"You know what?" I grabbed my bag and the jar of cookies. "Take these back. You've wasted your time. We're not friends so don't try to bribe me into pretending we are."

I walked out of the room. Riley ran after me. I groaned when I saw her. "Riley, the same goes for you. Don't try to change my mind-"

"I'm not here for that...," she walked beside me. "Flynn," she stared at me with furrowed brows and squinted eyes.

"What?"

She suddenly grabbed my arm and pulled me down another hallway. She opened the janitorial closet and pulled me in.

"What the hell are you doing? I have Biology in five-"

"Are you okay?"

I stared at her. "What do you mean?"

"Kissing Oliver? That's something I would get upset about."

"Because you're his friend-"

"No Flynn. It's because I'm his girlfriend... Are you," she squinted at me," gay?"

I chuckled but she looked too serious to be joking. "Oh my God.. You really think...," I quickly grabbed the door handle.

She grabbed my hand. "Flynn, stop."

"I'm not staying here for this bullshit. I have to go."

"Just hear me out. One minute."

I folded my arms.

She put her hand on my arm. "I won't tell him anything we discuss. Just tell me... do you have feelings for him? And be honest."

I stared at her. Tears stung my eyes. "I'm not gay."

"I get that. You've loved girls since forever. But Oliver..."

"I don't know what's going on with me. I've never liked guys before. I think it's gross-"

"Whoa. Okay. Cool down on the homophobia."

"To me... I would never do it. But... Oliver's so much like her... and she's the only girl I've ever really loved. It's like seeing her everyday through him. I'm not in love with Oliver."

Riley stared at me. "Maybe you're bi-"

"I'm not."

"You're just confused... But you can talk to me about it whenever you want to.... I'm really sorry things have to be this way between you two."

"I'm sorry too."

* * *

Oliver sighed that he pulled the shirt off and threw it on the bed. He sat down and covered him eyes, then he ran his fingers through his hair.

I stared at him, unsure of want to do. I wanted to ask him if he was okay, but I didn't want to break our code. No speaking.

His eyes met mine. He frowned then he cleared his throat and grabbed a paper and pen. He walked over to me and sat beside me.

Uncomfortable and feeling extremely awkward, I moved aside a bit.

He started writing on the paper: I'm invited to a frat party and I have to go to it.

He put the pen, paper and notebook on my lap.

I looked at him.

He pointed at the pen.

I slowly picked it up: Good luck.

I threw the book back on him and stood up.

"Flynn, I'm trying here," he shouted at me.

"You're only trying because Riley isn't here to help you pick out a shirt," I shouted back.

"Oh my goodness. Don't you see what's going on here?" He suddenly stood up. "I miss you." He stepped closer to me. "Not only as my best friend." He suddenly put his hands on my cheeks and began to lean towards me.

"Flynn!"

I flinched at the sound of my name.

Oliver was sitting on my bed with furrowed brows."Did you not hear what I just said?"

I gulped staring at him with wide eyes.

"I have tons of friends. I work out at the gym. I have a girlfriend. But I miss you. I want to be your friend again, not theirs. I want you back... and Riley back. What we had was everything to me. I love you, man."

I continued to stare at him with terror on my face. "I uh.. I have to..go somewhere."

I rushed out of the room and made my way down the hallway. I knocked on Riley's dorm door.

She opened it. "Flynn?"

"You were right."

"What?"

"You were completely right."

She stared at me then she opened the door wider. "Come in."