Chapter three

Village

Natsu and Cobra both relaxed on beds. Real beds. Their wounds were bandaged up and they had normal clothes to ware. Cobra waring black jeans and a red shirt that looked to big for him but that was just because he lost all his weight and muscle. Natsu wore a white tank top and blue shorts. Their beds were in the same room and they felt so comfortable. After sleeping on a cold wet stone floor for a while you start to really miss a good mattress.

The pair of Dragon slayers had returned with the girl and boy to their village not far from the lake. It was a small one not anything fancy. A river from the lake ran next to it, kids could be seen splashing and playing at its banks and men were fishing farther down so as not to hook the children. Near the river was a road and shopping districts. The scent of cinnamon and fresh bread made the slayers mouths water.

The houses were kept father into the town away from the shops. Some farm land lay about but only a little, nothing major. The house they were in was two stories and belonged to the orange haired girl who was named Elipton. The black haired boy, Noir, was one of her friends who lived a few houses down.

Natsu buried her face into the pillow, sighing contently. Her poison eating friend just laid back and relaxed. His arms behind his head and his eyes closed. The two were almost asleep when there was a knock at the door.

"I'm coming in." Elipton's voice called through the door before she opened it. Natsu sat up looking groggy and Cobra opened his one good eye.

"What's up..?" Natsu yawned. Not looking very lady like.

"I was just... "Elipton hesitated. The girl was actually very nice based on what they've seen when she was talking to Noir. Her hair was curly and went all the way down her back. Her eyes a deep green and her skin pail. She wore a big purple shirt that showed off her shoulders and white pants that clung to her legs.

"Speak." Cobra said bluntly.

Elipton glanced to him before looking down. "I wanted to know what happened to you guys..."

She looked up at them when they didn't answer. Her eyes trailed their scarred and bandaged bodies.

"That's private..." Cobra said looking to Natsu who was hugging her pillow to her chest. Probably remembering what they went through. "Just.... Know it was pretty horrible." He tapped his eye as a sign of just how bad things used to be for them.

Elipton nodded and didn't ask anymore on the matter. "Would you guys like to explore the house? I have to go out for a while and tell the mayor we've got visitors."

Natsu nodded giving a light smile. Elipton smiled back, she was actually a very pretty person. "There's jewel in the kitchen if you need to go out and get anything. And the people here are very nice so ask for help if its needed."

The two nodded before she waved and walked away, although they didn't leave the room until they heard the door close and watch her walk down the street.

Natsu leapt from the bed and barreled down the stairs so fast Cobra was surprise she was tired a minute ago.

"Oi! What are you doing hot head!" He called following her but more slowly.

"I'm starving! I want real food!" She leaped over a counter and slammed into the fridge.

Cobra sweat dropped as he came down the stairs in time to watch the pinkette pick herself up and open the fridge.

The tan male sat on a bar stool next to the counter and watched her pull out random bits of food. She kicked the door closed with her foot and brought her loot over to the counter where she just tossed it all in front of her friend.