chapter ten

"Nik, not right now!" Rebekah says pointing towards the door. "She's my wife! This is my room in my house! You can't tell me what to do!" Nicklaus screams. I flinch and bury myself deeper into Rebekah. "Brother, perhaps this isn't the right time to be yelling." Elijah says holding his shoulder to keep him back. "Why does it matter?! She doesn't love me anyways! Why should I care if I scare her?!" He yells. The tears come back, but I blink them away. "Nik, you know she loves you." Rebekah says calmly. "I know that's not true!" Nik yells pointing a finger at me. "Nik, get back! Can't you see your terrifying her?!" Elijah says, putting himself in between Nicklaus and I.

"Bex, Lijah, will you please allow us a moment to ourselves?" I ask calmly. Nik glares at me, and they move to leave. Rebekah gives me one more sorrowful look before closing the door. "Nik-" I start to say but am cut off. "Don't call me that! You don't have that right anymore!" He screams. "Nik please-" I say again, but he raises his hand in the air. He comes close to hitting me, but stops right before he can touch me. I look up at with fear. "How could you?" I say quietly, scooting back from home. "Kaitlyn, I didn't mean to! I'm so sorry!" He starts pleading, but I can't hear him over the shouts of my father coming up as memories. "How could you?" I repeat. "After what our fathers did to us? Your going to hit me?" I say in a whisper.

The door busts open, I am pushed to the wall with Bed blocking me, and Nik is pushed to the opposite wall with Elijah blocking him. "Are you okay?" Rebekah says checking my face for bruises. I nod and she turns around. "Why would you do that Nik?!" Rebekah yells at him. "I didn't mean to! I stopped myself before I could do it!" He says as if he was reassuring himself. "You still thought about it!" Elijah says. I walk from behind Rebekah and to the boys. "Elijah, would you please scoot over?" I ask kindly. He does so, but still stands next to us. Nik looks at me terrified, but then his look changes to surprise.
I pull him to a big, and he hestitantly wraps his arms around my waist hugging me back. I look up at him and kiss him. He deepens the kiss, then we hear the door close. Soon my back connects with the bed in a flash, and Nil props him self up above me. "Nik, sometimes you may be a pain in the behind, but I will love you no matter what.

I remove the necklace from his neck, and put my rings back on my finger. He leans his head down and kisses me again. "I am so sorry Kate! I know this is not the life you might have imagined, that I have put you through more than you should, that I don't deserve you, and I know that I will always love you no matter the issue. Even if you hate me, my heart will always be yours!" He says then we connect our lips again.