Chapter two

Four months later
I walk into my room only to find a note.

Dear Kaitlyn,
Meet me in the parlor! I have to talk to you about something big!
Love, Nik

I wonder what it could be. I walk downstairs and see Elijah and Rebekah with smiles plastered on there faces. "What's going on?" I ask curiously. They just smile more if possible, and I hear the door open. I turn around to see Nik with a tux on. He walks up to me and grabs my hands. "Nik, what's going on?" He gets on one knee and I gasp. "Kaitlyn Michelle Petrova, you have changed me in so many ways! I don't know how I ever lived without you! Will you marry me?" "Yes!" I say and he slips the ring on my finger. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. He kisses me and I kiss back.

Three months later
"Were gonna go get dresses!" Rebekah says running into my room. "Finally!" I replied and she laughs. We walk outside and see a carriage already waiting for us. We climb in and start driving. "Spill! Why do you want to marry my brother? You could have had your memory wiped, but you asked us to turn you!" "When I first met you all, I was terrified. I thought you were going to kill me, but when Nik showed me kindness, I knew there was something. Then when we were in the bedroom, I was scared to drink the whole glass of blood. I was terrified to turn into a monster, but he drank from it and showed me. Then he called me all of those nice things, and for the first time in my life, I believed someone meant those things! When I was around him, it felt as if this wall was lifted off of me. I felt like I could breath when I was with him! I felt like someone understood me! All my life, I was always Katerina's sister, everyone loved her! She got the spot light! I got the abuse, I got the chores. While she was out with men, I was cleaning the floors. When she bore a child, I was the one that convinced father to let her have it. He hit me when I first asked, but when I said it was for Katerina, he let me do it! All my life I lived in her shadow! Until now! When Nik told me his life story, and how he lived with it, I knew I had to help him! He called himself a monster! The second Henrik died, he changed! I knew that I could help him, but he could also help me! Two broken souls can mend each other!" I say and she smiles. "I am so very glad my brother fancies a woman such as you!" Rebekah says and I smile. "Well, I am joyed that I found a family who would let me in!" Then the carriage stops and the door opens. "Here you go ladies!" The man says. We get out and walk inside a dress store. "I need a brides made dress, and you need a wedding dress!" Rebekah says looking at random purple dresses. "Rebekah, will you be my made of honor?" I ask. "I thought you would never ask, of course!" She says and I giggle. I walk up to the pink section. "You like pink right!" We day at the same time. "Some! You?" "I would like an entire pink dress!" Then we laugh. We keep walking around for a few more minutes until we both stop suddenly. "I think I found the dress for you!" We say simultaneously. I pull out a floor length pink dress, and she pulls out a white top with pink fluff at the bottom. "I love it!" We say at the same time. I giggle and hand her the dress. "Go try it on!" She says. I nod and walk up to a man at the register. "I would like to try this on!" I say and he nods. He leads me to a hallway and opens a door. I walk in and close the door. I put the dress on the hanger and try to take my dress off but fail. "Rebekah! I need your help!" I say loud enough that she will hear. I hear her laugh and start to walk towards me. I unlock the door and pull it open enough for my head to peak out. She walks in and closes the door back. "What's wrong?" "I can't get the skirt off!" She chuckles and unbuttons my dress. Then she helps me get it off until I am left in my under dress. I shoe her out of the room, and I put the dress on. I look in the mirror, and for once I don't feel like Katerina's background! I walk out and Rebekah gasps. "You look beautiful!" I giggle and twirl my dress. "Go get changed, then I will try on my dress!" She says. I look at her and she sighs, but pushes me back in. I take my dress off and she helps me put the other one on. I get out of the room and she changes. She comes out and I smile. "You look amazing! That dress suits you!" She smiles then walks back into the room. She hands me the dress over the door, and I take them both to the man at the counter. "What are to lovely ladies like you buying dresses for?" He says. "I'm getting married! She is my brides maid and my made of honor!" He frowns. "Don't feet love! I'm sure there is somebody out there for you!" "Your starting to sound like Nik!" Rebekah says appearing next to me. "It only makes since! We are getting married!" I say to her and she smiles. Then two men walk in. "Sister, Kaitlyn, we have to get back home! The wedding is tomorrow, we need to set up decorations!" Nik says. I smile and he loops my arm with his. We walk out and to our carriage with Rebekah and Elijah right behind us. We get in and I sit next to Nicklaus and across from Rebekah. Then I look at my hand and see my ring. Then I remember that I haven't gotten Nik a ring yet. I tell the coach to stop, and I climb over Nik and Elijah. "What are you doing?!" Nicklaus says because of my dress coming up and hitting them in the head. I laugh and open the door. Niece I'm out I pull on Rebekah's hand and she vamp speed out. I grab ahold of her hand again and take off running. "What the bloody heck is going on?!" She says fixing her hair. "I haven't gotten Nik a ring!" I say pulling her into a jewelry store. Right outside the door, I stop and pat myself down then walk in. I walk up to a man and turn him around to face me. "I need a ring, for a male, size nine!" "What color?" "Black with a line of red!" "Okay! That will be $120!" I turn his face to mine. "No, it will be free!" I compel him. "You know what? On the house, for being such a lovely lady!" "Why thank you." I say and curtesy. I giggle then get the ring and we walk out. "Nice job compelling!" Rebekah says. "Who did you compel?" We hear Elijah say from inside the carriage. We just giggle and get back in. "Where did you go?" Nik says. "Oh no where." I say mysteriously. Elijah laughs and Nik smiles. "How did I end up so lucky with such a wonderful girl?" He says kissing my cheek. "Well, you turned me so I had to." I say jokingly. They all look at me surprised. "Goodness, I'm just kidding! I love you Nik!" I say then smile when I realize I said that aloud. "I love you to!" I smile and peck him on the cheek. "I can't wait to be wed to you!" Nik says wrapping his arm around me. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "You two are truly meant for each other!" Rebekah says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaitlyn's dress

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Kaitlyn's dress

Rebekah's dress

Kaitlyns ring

Nicklaus's ring

Nicklaus's ring