Chapter seven

I watch my in laws and husband standing on the stair case. Esther looks at each of her children, and eye them to make sure they drink the wine. She personally gave me a glass, and I don't trust her. Obviously, I won't be drinking the wine! I'll just pour it out when I get the chance. I catch her looking bag at me, so I pretend to take a sip of my wine. She smiled at me and I smiled back. I turn my head and see Elena and Stefan arguing. I walk over to them and Elena smiles at me. "You look beautiful!" "As do you!" I say curtsying. She laughs and I giggle. Then I see Nicklaus chasing Caroline again. I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear and listen in. "You look beautiful in that dress darling!" Nicklaus says. "Klaus, don't you have a wife! Quit flirting with me!" Caroline says. She must be wrong! My Nik would never do that! He wouldn't cheat on me, especially with what his mother did to him. "I fancy you as well Caroline!" Well that doesn't break my heart at all? I walk to the room they are in, and see Nik try to kiss her. "Klaus! Get off of me!" Caroline says pushing him away. "Nicklaus?" I say my voice breaking. He turns around, and looks at me as if I just died. "Kaitlyn, I'm so-!" "Save it! You 'kill' me on my birthday, then five hundred years later, I'm awaken by some people. I forgave you with out a second of hesitation, but now I realized that was a mistake! I thought I would be able to help you like you did me, but now I realize that was a mistake! Goodbye Nik, or should I say Klaus? That's what you like to be called now? 'Klaus, the big bad hybrid! The man who knows no love! The man who has no humanity!' Is that who you make people think you are? I would say that I knew you weren't like that, but I don't even know anymore!" I say crying. I pick up the hem of my dress, and walk to the front door. I open it only to see a man with a piece of wood sticking out of his chest. He falls to the ground, and I see Elena. "Elena, why aren't you with the Salvatore's?" I ask her and she looks at me shocked. "K-kaitlyn?" She stutters. "Elena, why are you acting weird?" I say. "Kaitlyn, it's me! It's Katerina!" She says. I feel my heart break, but mend itself. I start crying even more, and wrap my arms around her neck. "Katerina! I thought you died five hundred years ago! I thought Nicklaus killed you!" I say crying more and more. "I'm a vampire. What about you? Your a vampire to? How did you know Klaus?" She says pulling away from me. "Then night you fled town, father beat me again. Nicklaus and two of his siblings saved me, and I asked them to turn me. Nicklaus and I got married, then on our birthday, he told me he was gonna find you and use you for the sacrifice. I tried to flee, but he 'killed' me and put me in a coffin. Today, I woke up, and caught him trying to force a girl to kiss him!" I say. "Oh Kaitlyn!" Katerina says wrapping her arms around me. I lean into her and she crys. "Kaitlyn you have to go!" She says removing my arms from her. "What?!" I say stepping back from her. "If someone sees that I have my sister, they will use you as a weakness against me! I can't let you ruin my reputation! I can't let you make me weak!" She says and I start crying. I look at her and open my mouth to say something, but I don't know what to say. "I'm so sorry Kaitlyn, but I can't let you be my weakness! Either you go, or I will make you go!" She says. "I thought we were sisters! I stuck up for you so many times! I took fathers beatings just so you could get what you wanted! Even though you were a cruel, manipulative, self riches, jerk!" I yell at her. Then she grabs my arm and vamp speed is to the woods. She breaks a branch off of a tree, and tries to stake me. It hits my stomach and I cry out in pain. All of a sudden, her head snaps to the side, and I look to see Nicklaus. "Nik!" I sob and run and bury my head in his chest. For this moment, I let go all the pain he has caused me, and just focus on the fact that I have him back.