Chapter 17

Mom came home super excited. "Guess what?" She said. I shrugged and looked up at her. "I was on this great dating website at work, and well, I found somebody. His name is Clayton, and I think he is going to be perfect for us." She was so excited. I could see it.

After dinner, she went "to bed" early. I sat on the couch. I texted Kennedy. No answer. No answer from Payton or Maria. I texted Derek. First to answer. Wonder how he answered if I only texted him five seconds ago. Whatever. We texted each other for about 10 minutes, then I had to go to bed. I was tired. As I went up into my bed, I wondered how long our relationship would last.

Over the weekend, I went to the Y. I met Katie and Derek there. He had to train though for football, so me and Katie went up to the track. "Hey, the gymnastics room is empty, wanna see if we can go in?" "Sure." I answer. We go to the front desk and ask. The receptionist asked if anyone was already in there. "no." We say. She let us in. I gave Katie a high five. As soon as we unlocked the door, we were in.

Katie is a cheerleader, so she started flipping and doing round-offs and handstands into back tucks. I did do a lot of gymnastics when I was smaller (smaller meaning like, two years ago).

I think she was surprised when I got out and started flipping. "You should join the cheer squad." Katie says. "Really? You think I'm good enough?" I ask, surprised. "Sure, you're already good." That day I thought about what it would be like to cheer.