Chapter 45 | "GIVE ME UNICORNS!"

Beginne am Anfang

"With me. To Jake, he is your mate so you bring him back...and you don't need to call back" he cut the call as I heard Jenn's voice in the background asking who it was.

That horny b*strad is letting me take care of his fever high Beta while he is...urgh.

How could Jenn let me hang like that!

I huffed and strode in the way Jake apparently went, which he indeed did. He stood some feet away talking with a blonde.

I groaned and walked their way, I could hear Jake trying a weird pick up line "We could do it doggie style if you want to be my b*tch" he wiggled his brows at the outraged blonde. I watched the scene closely not knowing if Jake is trying to pick up the girl up or is trying to earn a slap.

"Did you just call me a b*tch?" She screeched "No, I don't want to be your b*tch Jake, don't you have a mate now?" She sneered and ran from Jake...into me. I was still in a daze from Jake's bad wanna-be-pick-up-line that I didn't see her stumbling into me.

She was about to fall from her heels, I swiftly caught her upper arm preventing her from meeting the ground. Her scent very well familiar to me, she was one of the scents I smelled in Jake's room.

"Are you okay?" I asked her but my gaze was fixed behind her where Jake should have been standing, but again, he was gone.

WHAT IS HE?

You are a wizard, Harry!

Ha-ha.

"I-I am fine" she answered still a little shaken. Her eyes widen as she looked up at me, even with her 3-inch heels I over towered her. "You are his mate.." her eyes flickered in recognition.

she chuckled bitterly "You should keep an eye on your mate," she rolled her eyes.

I was surprised to hear that from someone who must have slept with Jake, "Thanks for the advice" I smiled at her, I was amused. She didn't give off any jealous or hateful vibes, unlike some she-wolves.

I don't have a right to be mad at anyone who Jake slept with, for them he was an unmated wolf. So they couldn't know.

She watched me silently, her arms crossed over her chest she looked back at the place where Jake should have been standing "It is weird, Beta Jake never was the type to get closer to unmated she-wolves," her brows furrowed in confusion and so did mine at her statement.

"I think you don't know your Beta that good, dear" I glanced at her.

"Flirting was never his department, he was always straightforward in pack matters. There was always this cold wall that he never put down...I was really surprised that he and that Ava girl got together from one day to another" she shrugged her shoulders.

That topic sparked my interest "What do you mean 'from one day to another'?"

"Well, I mean it literally. She was trying to get in his pants for months and suddenly one day they were together madly in love. I am glad that girl changed packs" she narrowed her eyes at the memory.

Changed packs?

What Zaire told the pack.

She said from one day to another?...it doesn't make sense.

Jake isn't the type to trust so easily-

Like you.

-when I saw him the first time, he glanced at her corpse with so much...hurt. Did he love her...or not?

Her voice brought me out of my thoughts "After she was gone, a lot of she-wolves tried their luck-"

I interrupted her with a chuckle "And landed in his bed, right? Thanks for the information, it was a big help" I waved back at her as I jogged to way I am guessing Jake went to, his light scent my only clue. I left her standing her mouth agape and her brows furrowed in confusion.