Recovery.

I had been over 3 days since i saw the stallion get injured, every morning I'd cycle towards the old barn and treat his wounds, calling in at the local country store to buy medical supplies. I peddled at an alarming speed, determined to arrive early. My basket would bounce and rock rapidly at the front of my bike until I would skid to a standstill. I gathered up my supplies before approaching the barn, he stood with a limp. Trying to balance himself out carefully.

"Shhh, you're okay...you're alright.."

I reassured him as my hand followed the trail and directions of his hairs, a soothing stroke to relax him as I kneeled down dabbing his wound with a damp cloth. His whole body tensed as he bared the pain, flaring his nostrils to let me know when he had enough. I respected him, i sat near the wall just watching him once he was all plastered up. Sharing an apple i soon realised that this beautiful beast is slowly trusting me, he wasn't afraid like before. I smiled strongly, nodding at him in a respectful bow before mounting my bike and trailing home.

"Where have you been?"- A familiar voice yelled.
I glanced up, before rolling my eyes. My mother stood in front of me, her eyes giving me a stern glare as she began her lecture.

"Aurora, Why on earth are you bothering with that battered old stallion, the farmer came round. Yes! He knows you've been lurking around! He's threatening to get the authorities involved for trespassing, you don't understand this was a clean slate moving here! And you're ruining it!" - she screamed at me, her temper turned furious.

My blood boiled, i couldn't believe what I've heated. I ruin it? I took a deep breath, before once again trailing my mouth.

"Seriously mum? You're doing the blame game? Father wouldn't of wanted us living out here! Father wouldn't let you blame me, he wouldn't let..."
I was cut off, my mothers temper throwing its weight around.

"Fathers not here anymore!!" She screamed at me, her eyes full of sorrow and frustration.

"Father is dead, he's not here anymore.. Aurora you need to accept it.. " She began to sob, i raised my chin, placing my earphones in and throwing my hoodie over my head before shaking my head.

"I'm off for a walk, don't bother waiting up."- I gave my mother a glare, perhaps I shouldn't of? Perhaps it was too far? But she's always convincing me I'm doing wrong. I proceeded walking, my feet kicking into the crisp autumn leaves that bedded themselves on the floor. The air was a bitter cool breeze that often reassured me that even the weather has it's off days. I blasted the tunes through my headphones, the pounding of the song 'go to hell for heavens sake' by Bring Me The Horizon.  Once again I passed the barn, expressing a sigh as i saw the majestic beast, our eyes locked and my heart skipped a beat. It was a daunting imagine in my mind that I wouldn't see him anymore. My heart sank. What if I could buy him? I suggested to myself, a cheesy grin rested on my lips.