"Danny and I went to the park to talk, that's all we really did and then he took me home"
It was a pathetic attempt, and I could tell just by her brief hesitation that she hadn't believed it for a single second

"If you want to really know what happened after you left, and let me tell you, it's good goss and useful, then you're going to have to tell me what really happened, so, let me be more specific" Skyler began, her tone playful yet serious "Did you kiss him?"

I made an obvious sigh before answering her, honestly "No, no I didn't"

"Okay, did you do anything intimate or romantic?" She continued to interrogate

"No Skyler, I promise"
It wasn't hard to sound convincing, because it wasn't a lie

"Oh" She sounded disappointed - she wasn't the only one "Well that's not exciting at all, the complete opposite of what happened with James and I"

I could see her wriggling her eyebrows suggestively, a good sign. I was happy for her, she deserved the attention, and James was a genuinely great guy. Suddenly, I was jealous, of her and James, of Cara and Justin, Paisley and Dayton, all of them. They were all capable of exploring personal feelings and relationships, without the supernatural fear Danny and I had. They had no clue just how lucky they truely were to be able to even look at each other. 

"Do I get to hear the juicy details?" I asked curiously as I prepared clothes for the day

"Of course you do, I was going to tell you regardless, you and I both know my threats are pointless" She laughed, her mood bright and cheery "After you left, Mathew started saying stuff about how he was going to get you both back, he said that he wasn't going to let you both make a dick out of him"
I had expected that, if anything, more.

"He ended up leaving in a hurry after he spoke with someone on the phone. So with them gone it was a good night, but it would have obviously been better had you of stayed" She rambled on with the bonus features "Anyways, James and I made out, a lot, the first time was on the dance floor and throughout the night it kinda progressed, eventually we ended up behind the bleachers on the football field"

"Do I want to know what happened next Sky?" My tone was strong, like a mother's would be in the awkward situation

She let out a small nervous laugh "It was getting heated and then we got distracted, had it of not been for what we saw, what we heard, James and I probably would have been.. undressed" She chose her words carefully

"What did you see and hear Skyler?" I urged for information "It wasn't Ash and Fletch again was it? They've been caught doing it on that field so many times already.." I recalled the numerous rumours of the pair having enjoyed using the football field for their inappropriate relations

"No, no it wasn't. It was Mathew"

"Mathew?" I repeated, confused

"Okay, so Mathew was there with some super hot girl, they looked friendly, you could totally tell she was flirting, and he was loving it. James and I snuck closer and heard them talking, they were talking about you and Danny"

My heart instantly dropped, reality rushing into mind "What did she look like?"

"Like I said, she was hot, she had on this gorgeous red dress and her hair was long wavy and beautiful, but that doesn't matter, it was what we heard-"