Chapter 4: Castles

Stiles lazily got out of his seat and started putting his notebooks into his school bag. The bell just rang and he knew Lydia would be waiting outside the door. Ever since they'd come back to school, they had decided to do all homework and to study together. Which meant spending nearly everyday together, not like either of them minded. He zipped up his pack and zoomed out the door, exceptionally excited about that days study session. Particularly because they had started a routine of watching a movie once they were done for the day, no matter the hour. Today they had decided on an older horror movie and he knew just which one to suggest, and probably end up forcing her to watch.

"Hey, Mr. Detective," Lydia yelled at him from across the hall. She was standing with Kira and Danny.

Danny laughed at something Kira said. Lydia being the only one paying attention to Stiles, that thought sent a chill down his back.

"How do ya do?" He smiled down at her and his focus never left her.

Lydia giggled and reached for his hand, "We should get going. I've got a lot of reading to do."

He nodded his head and waved goodbye with his free hand. Lydia told the others to have a good day and Stiles felt a warm sensation rise in his stomach realizing that she was such an eloquent person and no one would ever really deserve her. She turned her attention back around to where he had guided her. Their fingers were loosely interlocked and Stiles would not have that.

Lydia's face brightened more than Stiles even knew possible when he held on to her hand just a bit tighter.

She stopped him just before they got to the car, "Hey.."

She saw his face turn to one of concern and quickly put his worries at bay with a soft smile, "We don't have to keep doing this if you don't want to. We've only been back at school for two full weeks and all of my honors classes call for like three hours of homework. I know you're in some hard classes too and we help each other when we can but we just might be better off alone."

"Lydia, would you listen to yourself? You want us to stop doing homework together to end up being alone with the same amount of work. And we both know we have a huge amount each. So if we stop doing this then we won't get to see each other at all. And I for one am totally not okay with that," He held on to her shoulders, trying to get her to stop caring so much and just see the real picture. They were never going to be apart.

"Alright, alright. You won. I was just saying.." Lydia turned toward the jeep.

"No, you weren't just saying. Lydia, you were recoiling. You were thinking that we aren't going to stay this way. You're my best friend, you dork, so stop trying to push me away. Got it?" Stiles had put a hand on the door, stopping her from opening it. Her back now was against the car and he was ever so close to her. She swore even he could probably hear her rapid heart beat.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Scott say something to the rest of the pack and they all looked over at the pair by the jeep. With either smiles or laughter.

"I think Scott's listening in," And with that the pair was staring at the pack and Scott's face flushed. Lydia smiled at her accomplishment before noticing Stiles was slightly leaned towards her as he laughed.

Stiles watching the pack wander off, all realizing they were out of the loop on this one, and then he realized just how close he was to Lydia. He was practically breathing down her neck and she was probably in the most uncomfortable of positions. But when he started to move away the look on her face showed him something else entirely and he stopped every movement. Her hazel eyes showed a little more green than usual, her mouth pulled into an adorable smile and her hands were sliding their way up his chest. Stiles felt every touch she made, saw every move her eyes made and he couldn't help but freeze.