Ch22 Ships Sailing

Keith walks into the main control to find it empty apart from Shiro and Allura. He stops in his tracks, holding his breath as to not make a sound.

"My entire planet, my home and my family, they were all taken from me so abruptly." Allura is saying. "But then I found a new family within Voltron."

Allura's words tug on Keith's heartstrings. Voltron has become like a family to him, too.

"I know..." Shiro says softly. He reaches out as if to comfort her, but decides against it and instead crosses his arms.

Keith shakes his head. No wonder he is a hopeless romantic, he learns it from Shiro. But Keith understands, Shiro is a responsible leader. He is too professional to seek love during a war.

"Is it okay for me to think that maybe...maybe after all this, I could find a home on Earth?" Allura asks quietly.

"Really?" Shiro says in surprise. "I-I mean, of course it's okay. That would be amazing!"

Keith cringes in second-hand embarrassment. Is this how the rest of the team feels watching him around Lance?

Keith turns around slowly and leaves the room. Speaking of Lance, Keith wonders where he is.

.

Lance hums to himself happily as he strolls down the hall. He wants to see Keith as soon as possible. Lance walks into the control room where he had assumed everyone would be, but instead finds Shiro and Allura holding hands as they share a tender kiss.

"AH!" Lance screams and shields his eyes. "W-What's happening?"

Shiro and Allura quickly separate, their cheeks flushed.

"Lance!" Shiro greets awkwardly. "W-We weren't—"

"We were just..." Allura tries.

"Making out! Since when?" Lance says, completely dumbfounded.

Allura fiddles with her hair and smiles bashfully. "This is the first, but, well, we have discussed our feelings a few times."

"But Voltron comes first." Shiro says. "Besides, we didn't know if your feelings for Allura were legitimate or not and we didn't want to upset you."

As Lance looks back and forth between his two teammates, a strange happiness sparks within him. Standing before him are the only two people Lance has ever felt threatened by when it comes to Keith—and they're in love with each other. Lance suddenly starts laughing, a broad grin stretching across his face.

"You're...happy?" Allura asks hesitantly.

"Ecstatic!" Lance exclaims. "This is great! You have to tell everyone!"

"Wh—No, we just said—" Shiro starts.

Lance had already run out of the room hollering, "Shiro and Allura are kissing!"

Allura sighs. "Oh well. Let's just hope Coran doesn't bite your head off..."

Lance bursts into the lounge room where Hunk is slurping on a milkshake and Pidge is tinkering some kind of circuit board.

"Guys! Guys!" Lance leaps over the back of the couch to plonk down next to Hunk. "I just walked in on Allura and Shiro kissing!"

"Bout time." Pidge says in a bored tone.

Hunk nods in agreement.

"You guys figured, huh?" Lance says. "I wonder if Keith knows..."

"I'm sure he would, he is Shiro's best friend after all." Hunk reasons.