2. Chocolate Taste Delicious, Thanks For Asking ✔

What is it with men?

Why do they feel so... Superior to women?

Treat them how they feel like?

Use them how they can.

Why can't we stay away from these men?

These were my thoughts as I enter my pastry shop, content with the smell of my goods baking.

"Good morning everyone." I smile and they all greet me back.

I head into the the kitchen, deciding to help with the showcase filling. 

Seven years ago I was so broken I could barely walk into an area without being scared of being looked at. Now my face is on billboards and Television.

"Boss, someone is here to see you." I nod and walk out to the front.

"Dustin!" I yell, running towards him and he grins.

"Alana." He smiles.

"How are you?"

"I'm well, can't really complain."

"How's everything....y'know.."

"Oh.  . Well .  . Its . . uh  .  .its different. Its okay. Everyone's good. Including Leo." He rants.

I clear my throat, nodding.

"Well that's good." I say and it becomes awkward. "The usual?"

"Yea." I nod and get him a large chocolate mousse.

"Thanks."

"You're always welcome." I smile.

"Take care of yourself Alana and, I'm proud of you." He turns on his heal and walks out, leaving before I could reply.

I sigh and get back to work.

Great to know the bastard's still alive.

-------------------

I decide to spend the rest of the day in my office taking care of paper work.

"Um.. Ms. Winter?"

"Yes Trina?"

"There's a male outside requesting your presence."

"Um. . . let him in." She nods and I wait for the door to open, running my hand through my frizzy hair.

The door opens and in comes pretty boy. I lean back in my chair and cross my arms.

"Good morning." He greets and I narrow my eyes into slits.

"Good morning." I say curtly just to be polite.

"I see you're still bitter, from yesterday." He smiles raising an eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"Can I help you?"

It's men like him that cause women to lose their mind. He was all smiles yesterday inside the pastry but admittedly my views have honestly changed about him.

"I have a business proposal."

I lean forward clasping my hands together.

"Do you now? And what may that be?" I ask curious and he takes a seat. His tall frame easily towering over me, even as he was sitting. His cologne was strong and intoxicating. I was basically swooning.

"My company offers ready made, easy access service for our customers. We team up with other companies like yours to provide them with your abilities. Example, someone is throwing a simple get together, and they want some pastries or snacks whatever it may be, they would call us and we would contact you, placing the order and taking care of it. That's one less item off our customers stress list and money in our pockets."

"So. . . why would I want to do business with you?"

"Because, it would make a lot more sense to be teamed up, extra income."

"Everything isn't about money." I snap.

"Obviously, if it were most of us wouldn't be doing the things we were right now." He shrugs and I eye him.

"What's in it for me?"

"Look who's talking now?" I purse my lips and he sighs. "You'll become well known-"

"I already have that quality." I reply smugly.

"Let me finish."

"Like I said, extra income and it'll give your company access to the outside world. I'm talking, shipments, exports to all foreign countries."

"Why did you choose my company?" I ask suspicious and he leans back in his chair.

"A pastry shop is the one thing we didn't have on our go to lists."

I avert my eyes and run my hands through my hair once more.

"I'll have to think about it."

"Very well, you have three days."

"Alright." I nod. I assume he knows he's being dismissed but he just sits with this serious look on his face. Staring at me.

"Anything else?" I speak up and he shakes his head. I look around awkwardly and he finally stands.

"We're doing business and I haven't even introduced myself."  He mutters. "Aiden Sanders."

"Alana Winters." I reply.

"Well Alana, I hope you agree to do business with me." I only offer a small smile as he leave but he stops at the doorway.

"By the way, your pastries? Their delicious, do you think you'll taste that sweet too?" He winks, finally leaving and I gape at the door as it slams shut.