chapter seven

In hindsight, it probably would have been better had he not immediately threw a punch at the stranger, as soon as he woke up.

In defence, being grabbed while you're halfway asleep was not a pleasant experience. It probably would have saved his right hand the damages and the slight amount of guilt he felt in that microscopic moment for the unsuspecting person if he had woke himself up... or not fallen asleep at all.

Honestly, he shouldn't have allowed himself to fall asleep after being Percy-napped; it was one of the rules of being kidnapped, obviously. It was too dark to see who received his hit, but whoever they were, defiantly wasn't human; it felt as if he had punched a cave wall.

He didn't know how long he had been there, mostly because he had drifted off soon after he had arrived to.... wherever the Hades this place was. He could barely make out the outline of his own body in the dark. The all familiar frigid cuffs around his wrists failed to bring him any comfort of mind. He didn't yell or scream, he kept quiet even as he heard the shuffling of feet across the ground after nearly breaking his fist. It usually did no good, in these situations, to ask questions and act hysterically.

Percy-nappers had a tendency to eventually word vomit their reasons and ideas for why they chose to commit the infamous crime of abducting the son of the sea; a really dumb idea in his opinion, but he wasn't going to complain. For now, until his percy-napper revealed their 'diabolical' plan along with their identity, he was going to have to battle his ADHD and the terrible boredom that was to follow; He would much rather have someone to talk back to, so he hoped that his abductor came out of the shadows soon before he went mad.

What did normal people do when they got bored? Demigods usually did the courses at camp for entertainment or they requested simply quests from Chiron. The both options was out of the question; the first because he was nowhere near camp, at least he believed so, and the second idea was immediately cut out because he had his fill on doing 'grandiose' quests. Any form of sports was called out because, hello, he was shackled to what he could only assume was the floor. Drawing was a big no, he didn't have any supplies and his artistic skills was ghastly. He wasn't about to dance, as funny as that would be in the dark. His singing skills wasn't as bad but...-

The mischievous intent filling his grin was worrisome.. For his abductors, at least.

"Yo listen up, here's the story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue
Like him, inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window
And a blue Corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen
I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa..."

This song was always stuck in his head, so he was going to do the honors of sharing it with the nice people that captured him. Just when he thought that no one was around to actually listen to his wonderful singing, due to the silence that had stretched on for nearly an hour, before two loud bangs echoed hard. He paused only slightly, before he started back with a slow hum that slowly built back up to the previous loud volume he had accomplished earlier.

"Shut the hell up singing that song!"

The voice was gravely but firm, most definitely male. Percy could feel the immense hatred being forced his way making him smile brightly. He would be nice to his abductors if they didn't like that song. After all, he was well known for being nice.

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
I'm a blond bimbo girl, in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamor in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
You can touch
you can play
if you say "I'm always yours"..."