Chapter four

Percy sighed, something he seemed to be doing a lot lately. Being the genius he is, he managed to give himself a heart-attack when he tried to recall how much time had passed before he had to go back to Olympus. Did his Dad include the same day he was calling as one of the three days? If so, that meant he only had until tomorrow instead of the two days like he was thinking. He had to force that track of thought out of his head. If he worked his situation correctly, he could make it back to Olympus within six hours and have time to spare. But first, he had to sit through the annoying explanation that consisted of his life story and the Greek world. The whole league looked like a bunch of ADHD kids as they were in constant motion during the lengthy process; drumming fingers, tapping feet, anything they could think of to move a part of their body while still being respectful as they listened.

Percy didn't like to recall his whole life as if it was a story book, so he tried his best to block out the sound of Lady Diana's voice. Doing this one task would have been easier, had it not been for Arthur and Khaldur staring at him as if he was going to perform some wonderful magic trick that ended all hunger and pain. Percy had tried to remove them from the floor to sit with him on the couch, but apparently, they weren't 'worthy' enough to sit next to a demigod. Percy had scoffed at that, what stories had these two atlantians heard? He was a person that was hard to anger, and he wasn't angry per-say, but highly annoyed was a little bit of an understatement. He wanted to be treated like a normal person, not like a hero or a god or some savior that swept in to the rescue whenever the world went to hell in a hand basket. Heroism was something he wasn't fond of, but he could respect the people around him for their selfless acts of helping the mortals whenever they were in danger. Percy had his share of adventures and saving the world, all he wanted now was a sense of normalcy in his life; but he's a demigod, a child of the Big Three and probably the most wanted demigod in greek history... point is, normal wasn't a word he could see ever applying to him and he was certain of that.

"...-nd he fell in to tartarus to save her; the place is also known to most people as Hell..."

Yeah, Percy decided that was the worst possible moment to tune into the conversation. Just when he thought it couldn't get any worse than having to listen to the gruesome recount of his time in tartarus, something started happening that was worse than anything Percy could think of: that look started. Percy already couldn't stand being the center of attention, it was well-known throughout both Camps and Olympus, but those looks were worse than Kronos torture: looks of pity and sympathy. It was a small amount at first and he diverted his attention to his pen once more taking in every small detail engraved into the smooth surface. He tried giving the dam thing back to his father and he had...only to find the writing utensil in his pocket after he would leave to go back to camp. When confronted on the matter, his dad would only give a irritating grin and shrug. Percy had tried everything to get the pen to stay with Poseidon, even cutting himself to leave behind his blood on the magical pen in hopes that it would be tricked, but it was all pointless. Maybe the Fates cursed the thing to follow him to his grave, it sure seemed like they loved to screw with his life. He loved riptide and had a lot of adventures, but.. bad memories, more often than not, overpowered any of the good events. The thought was a little idiotic, but he figured if he got rid of the pen that was there from the start, maybe he could sleep a full night without being haunted.

Khaldur swallowed thickly as he felt his legs start to fall asleep but, for some reason, he felt that if he would move, it would completely disrupt the story Wonder Woman was going through. He discretely glanced over to the sea-green eyed demigod. He had heard several stories of the man during his time in Atlantis, especially from his King. However, all those stories only glorified the heroic parts, not the unimaginable trials the raven-haired boy went through to do the actual saving. Khaldur never gave thought to what level of suffering the son of Poseidon went through, too blind-sighted of all the great accomplishments that reshaped Atlantis, Olympus, and just about everyone's lives. The guilt of accusing the man of terrorism ate at his mind, he hadn't thought of the 'mist' that helped shield the mythological world from the humans.