Heaven's New Angel

Trigger Warning: Suicide

The boy walked over to the table where his father's gun sat.

When he decided to visit his family this winter he never thought it would come down to this.

Everyone was out at the moment, so he had time to write the note and get it over with.

Note written. Life draining. Nothing was worth it.

Flashbacks of memories with his friends came spiraling into this boy's head.

The time they intentionally made Ethan rage in GTA.

When he had tried to teach Vik how to FIFA but it ended horribly.

Laughing with Vik, Josh, and Ethan while watching Harry's diss track towards JJ.

Reminiscing with JJ about when they met and how different they are now.

Taking the piss out of Josh for being old af but he's just three days older.

Reacting to weird stuffs with Tobi and stopping to take a Pokemon break.

All those memories surrounded him as the silver haired boy lifted the gun from it's strange positioning on his family's kitchen table.

He made sure the gun was loaded before going out to a secluded place where no one could hear the gunshot.

Upon arriving in the isolated woods somewhere near his house, the boy sees a disfigured shadow directly in front of him.

Instead of drawing the gun on the figure, the boy puts the gun up to his head. His finger hovering around the trigger.

He was almost hesitating, but it was too late.

His parents and friends were back at home now and have surely read the note. He couldn't go back now.

The boy closed his eyes and set his finger firmly on the trigger.

As he pulled the trigger, the life being drained from his now lifeless body.

The last thing the boy sees and hears his Vik running out from behind a tree yelling and pleading this wasn't real.

"Simon." Vik's voice, hoarse and broken as he knelt beside Simon's limp corpse.

The pain was ended. All the stress and anxiety was over.

As Simon's light soul began rising towards the light of Heaven, he could see the whole town.

The sun was setting, the sky turned a light purple with an orange ombre.

Simon could also see all the mourning, and despair overflowing his house.

Everything about death was so peaceful but now it had turned to low-spirited, joyless eternity.

This wasn't what was supposed to happen. Everyone was supposed to be grateful he wasn't alive. But it was the opposite. Nobody wanted to speak, if they did their vocal cords would shake and every word would be squeaked.

The bright light illuminating the setting sun was no longer beautiful and calming. It was a reminder of what happened that evening.

For everyone who knew Simon Minter.

Sun sets are dismal.