Am i a bad person? [34]

Start from the beginning

"That's alright Sakura-Chan."

He let the front of my collar go, taking a step back.

"Giving up is one thing but to give up on a comrade and a friend is the act of someone who doesn't even have the right to be called one."

Ouch...

In that moment... all I felt was hurt. I stood frozen in my spot at the one person who came to be one of the most treasured things to me.
Suppressing the rising tears that threatened to break through, I clench my fist to the point my knuckles were turning white. Shadowing my eyes to conceal how hurt I was, I keep my face blank.

"I see."

Not bothering to wish them good luck as I intended to, I turn around avoiding Sakuras hateful eyes and walk away; ignoring their judging looks upon my back.

My choice had been made.

||

As they jumped through the trees, Naruto felt a wave of guilt wash over him. As if reading his thoughts, shikamaru broke the silence.
"She didn't deserve that." He mumbled.

The Uzumaki looked down in shame sensing everyone else copy my actions. "She has a point...I mean least her reason wasn't a shitty one." kibas voices in guilt, akamaru agreeing with a sad bark.

Naruto's eyes faltered feeling more guilty then ever.
Ten-chan...

The Uzumaki made a small promise to make amends with his best friend when he returned.

| A Week later |

"T-tenshi-chan?"

"Hina-chan!"

"F-Father told me you wanted to see me, did something h-happen?" Feeling her calculating eyes on me, I feign a comical hurt look.

"Nene hina-chan I'm hurt? What's the matter with wanting to see my girl best-"

"Tenshi-Chan i know you're lying. Neji-nii told me about your fight with Naruto-kun..."
My eyes shoot to her lavender eyes in surprise. She could tell something was wrong and I shouldn't even be surprised. Unlike Naruto, Hinata could tell when I was lying. I swear it's some sort of super power. Still looking into her concerned eyes I pull a sheepish look scratching my head in exhaustion.

"That obvious?"

"O-only to me."

"Fair enough ."

Leaning back on my hands with a sigh, I watch the leaves of the tree above us fall slowly from the wind.

"Hinata, do you think I'm a bad person?"

"Why would you say that?!" Her brows rise in shock.

"I didn't wanna bring Sasuke back...I didn't even try..." I mumbled. "Even if we fought a lot...Sasuke was my friend..and I let him leave...just like I let The third die. Damn it, I knew all of this would happen yet I was powerless to do anything..." I turned my head to meet her sympathetic eyes.

Hinata knew about her best friends abilities to control time so she had somewhat of an understanding as why her snow haired friend was beating her self up about her teammates defection as well as their kage's recent death. Hinata hated when Tenshi blamed herself for things she couldn't control.

"Ya know, I pretend I don't care so much to the point it causes me to be something I'm not proud of and i question if I'm even a good person anymore."

I feel the Wall I've been trying to repair start to crumble at the many emotions I was feeling. Naruto was right. I wasn't a comrade let alone a good friend- My thoughts are jolted as a pang of pain emits from my cheek, a loud slap sounding through the air.

"Yes you've done bad things but that doesn't make you a b-bad person, It makes you human.  You may have the power to control time but you can't control fate. You can't control the outcome of other people's decisions. Sasuke-kun left on his own free will. The third sacrificed his life on his own free will. They all made their own choices and it's time for you to stop blaming yourself for them. What matters is r-right now and doing what you feel is right."

I hold my stinging cheek in my hand in astonishment.

"That's probably the most you've ever spoken..." Hinata's stern expression is replaced with a dark murderous look causing me to hold my hands up in surrender with a laugh.

Hinata purses her lips at her best friends amusement but the girl yelps as arms surround her into an embrace.

"Thank you, for everything..."

"You s-sound as if you're leaving forever or something?" She mumbles.

"I am leaving..."

She flinches away with a comical worried look. Pushing me to arms length, her fingers fist my shoulders.

"What?!Where are y-you going!? You can't leav-"

"To go back to the house..."
Muffling my laughter with my hand I look away with a comical look. After a moment of making seal sounds I feel a murderous aura oozing from her again. Abruptly stopping my laughing i rigidly look over my shoulder.
Her byakugan was activated and if looks could kill I'd be 6 ft under...

"Ahaa Sorry." I say clearing my throat.
Rolling her eyes at my immaturity she jabs me quite painfully in the arm as punishment.
"Itai!? What was that for!?"

"For almost giving me a heart attack. You deserved it."
I roll my eyes back at her secret motherly nature. Pushing myself up to a stand I put my arms behind my head and make my way to the edge of the hill.

"B-bye Tenshi-chan! I'll see you later tomorrow." Her voice stops me mid step making my shoulders tense. I muster a genuine grin, looking over my shoulders before I descend down the hill.

"Yeah! I'll see you later!"

||
~Author-Sama

Me knowing They won't see each other tomorrow:

🚧