She kept her head down, refusing to look up at me now that I was staring back at her. "You killed him. Didn't you?" Riley asked in a monotone voice. It didn't feel like a question, it was a statement, like she was sure of it.

"Are you-"

The brunette cut me off. "I don't want to believe it, peaches. But everything has been do fuzzy lately I can't tell reality from fiction anymore."

I got up to sit beside her on her bed. "Riley, I don't know what he told you in there but you have to believe me when I say that I would never do that to you."

"That wasn't the question." She replied bitterly. "I'm asking if you killed Mason or not." Riley repeated.

I gritted my teeth together in frustration. "No."

"You told me you moved here."

"I did." I answered slowly, my heart race picking up.

"Why does it say that you have drama awards from schools in New York? Please tell me that your not taking advantage of the fact that I lost my memory." She retaliated.

"I don't owe you any explanations, Riley." I paused. "Especially when you're accusing me of murdering someone I've never even met. I thought you could trust me Riles, but I guess that's not the case anymore." I sighed heavily, getting up to leave her room.

She called out to me from her bed. "My mom really liked you, you know? She thought that when all of this ended we could be something beautiful."

"Why are you telling me this?" I said harshly, my back facing her.

"Because I thought the same thing." Riley hiccuped. She was crying now but trying to hide it. I didn't dare turn to look at her, fearing that I would just end up back in her arms.

I clenched my fist together and held on tightly to every bit of self control I had less. "Do you want to know the truth, Riley? He's right. Those documents are real. But did you bother to check the date?"

In a perfect world, I would turn around and she would smile at me and we'd be safe. But this isn't a perfect world. I turned around to see guilt flood her emotions.

"No." She said, embarrassed. Her bottom lip was quivering and all I wanted to do was capture them with my own and remember the feeling of her soft lips against mine.

"He said that he found a gun in your room too. The same model and everything as the one used to kill Mason." Riley blurted out. "I didn't believe him though. I know Shawn likes to hunt."

I tried to recall a time when the NYPD would have been inside my house to investigate. But it was hard considering I haven't been at home very much lately. In fact, I've been dreading going back to that place all week. "Well, do you believe that the gun they found in my room is just a hunting rifle?" I asked.

She shook her head numbly. "I don't- I don't know anymore..."

"Did you know that that make of gun that the detective supposedly found is the most commonly sold weapon in America?"

"No I didn't." She frowned. "He said one more thing Maya..." the brunette trailed off.

"Yeah? And what was that?"