Chapter 10

Harry and Evie laid next to each other. Harry had his arms wrapped around her waist and her head between the crook of his neck. They both were at peace, but they knew it wouldn't last forever.

Harry was the first one to get up and get dressed. Evie had a sad look on her face when he did so, but knew it was for the best. They both got dressed silently, thinking about what they had just done. That may have been another hookup to Harry but for Evie, it was her first time.

Evie could hear someone coming up her steps and she quickly pushed Harry into her closest. She did not want anyone to see him, especially her mother, in her room. Fortunately, it was only one of her mother's henchman telling her to come downstairs. She let out a sigh of relief and walked over to her closet and opened the door.

"Could you have any more clothes?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I could."

Harry let out a laugh and rolled his eyes. He then pulled Evie into another kiss that left her breathless. Slowly she pulled away from his embrace and walked over to her vanity. She let out a mortified screech when she saw the giant hickey on the right side of her neck. Harry just chuckled at her response.

"You didn't make that noise when I was giving it to you," Harry said with a smirk on his face and raising one eyebrow in a cocky manner.

Evie stood up and walked towards him. Instead of saying anything she responded by hitting him in the arm.

"You're going to regret that," Harry said with a smirk on his face and a gleam of mischief in his eyes.

He then picked her her up bridal style and spun her in a circle. She was giggling and screaming for him to put her down. After a little while of doing that, he stopped spinning and looked deeply into her eyes.

"I'm sorry for being mean to you Evie," Harry said with a sympathetic look on his face, "You were right. I really do like you. It's just I was always taught that I shouldn't like or even love someone. Please give me a second chance and I promise I will make the best husband."

Evie responded by giving him a soft kiss. She looked into his eyes and smiled slightly as if to say 'I forgive you.'

Harry set her down and Evie went immediately to the vanity to cover the hickey. Even the cover-up she had was having a hard time covering up the bright purple bruise.

"What the hell, Harry? Were you trying to give me a scar?"

Harry just responded with a small laugh and walked over to her. He knelt down and kissed the spot several times.

"Sorry love."

"You should probably head down now so it doesn't look like we are coming down together. Say that you were in the library reading while I was doing my nails."

With that, Harry kissed the top of Evie's head and nodded in agreement.

Once she was done covering the hickey, she fixed her hair and headed downstairs. Her heart was fluttering and she was hoping her mother didn't notice how flustered she looked.

"Evie, darling, what took you so long. You look like someone has run you over with a carriage. Your hair is a mess and your cheeks are bright red. We will talk about this when our guests leave."

"It won't happen again Mother," Evie said while curtseying to her mother. Harry had a smirk on his face and silently laughing to himself at the thought of the Evil Queen finding out what actually happened.

Captain Hook cleared his throat and said, "Thank you so much having us. I am so glad our two families are coming together. With your daughter's beauty and my son's strength, their children will be perfect."

The Evil Queen smiled slightly and rolled her eyes. Captain Hook turned to Evie and gave her a kiss on her hand, then did the same to the Evil Queen. Harry then turned to the Queen and gave her a kiss, thanking her again for having them for dinner. When Harry turned to Evie, he smiled and she held out her hand for him. He slipped a small piece of paper between her fingertips and kissed her hand gently.

"Good night, Evie," Harry said with a dashingly handsome smile on his face.

"Good night, Harry," Evie said with a small smile.

________________________________________________________

After several hours of being yelled at for the way she looked, Evie was allowed to return to her room. She raced up the stairs and closed the door quickly behind her. Because her mother was yelling at her for long, she wasn't able to read the note Harry had slipped to her.

Evie's eyes quickly scanned over the messy words Harry had written to her.

"Evie, I need to see you again. Meet me at our spot at midnight."