Chapter 7

"What are you doing here?" Evie asked disgusted that he was in her special spot.

"What are you doing here?" He asked angrily.

"This is my spot and I've been coming her since I was a little girl. I come here to think and you know exactly why I need to think." She spat at him.

"You know what princess I'm sick and tired of your 'hire than all' attitude. As a matter of fact I've been coming here since I was a little kid, too. You're not all that special"

"Was this afternoon part of your whole dirty pirate plan. Did you and your father plan to charm me and make me feel special so that I would actually fall in love with you? Forcing someone to get married is low, even for a pirate."

"Wait a minute. Even for a pirate. What does that mean? Just because we don't act like we're royalty, by the way princess you're not, and prance around thinking we're better than everyone else doesn't make us 'vile people'. As a matter of fact, there are a million other things I want to do than marry you."

Evie looked at him with shock. How dare this pirate tell her she's not royalty. She closed her eyes and tried to remain calm. When she opened she realized how close they had gotten to one another. Harry was so close she could feel his breath on her face. Being up close like that, Evie could see new features on his face she didn't see before. She could see a tiny scar right above his left eyebrow, the small freckles on his face, and the cute way his eyebrows furrowed when he was angry. Wait. Did she just refer to him as cute? Evie couldn't deny that he was extremely attractive.

"What are you staring at?" Harry asked.

Evie was concentrating so hard that she didn't realize that she was staring directly at his lips. she quickly snapped out of it and started cracking up with laughter. She couldn't help but laugh at how foolish she was being and at the whole situation. Harry stared at her in confusion, but then started laughing himself.

When their laughter had finally settled, Evie took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry that I made fun of you being a pirate. I guess I was taking this whole situation out on you when our parents organized it all. I wouldn't want to marry someone like me anyway." Evie said with tears coming to her eyes.

"No, no, no it's just going to take a while of getting used to. I'm glad my father set me up with you and not someone like the Queen of Hearts daughter." He said smiling at her.

She let out a laugh but burst into tears, "You don't need to lie. I'm not royalty and I know that. I'm a faker and foney. Mother always told me I was a mess and here I am crying to you, someone I hardly know."

Suddenly Harry reached up and tilted her head up to look at his eyes. The spark between them going off again.

"You're right I just met you, but I know you are no mess." He said whipping up one of the tears in her eyes.

They both stared intently into each other's eyes. Harry dropped his hand from her face and stepped back, remembering the promise he made to himself. Hurt flooded onto both of their faces for a moment as he stepped back.

"Well I'll be seeing you, Evie," Harry said turning away awkwardly.

"Wait. Are we still meeting tomorrow?" Evie asked hopefully.

Harry thought for a moment and without turning around yelled, "Twelve O'Clock sharp, right here."

A small smile forming both of their faces.