Chapter 1

Evie woke up to her mother's crow screeching outside her window. She angrily got out of bed and threw a pillow at the bird, thankfully the bars were there so all it scared it did was scare it away. Evie smirked to herself and started to get undress. She took off her silk nightgown and put on her blue robe and headed to the bathroom. She took a long, hot shower allowing the water to rinse over her body. She brushed her hair 100 times and put it in a blue hair towel to dry. Everything in her room and bathroom was blue, to come to think of it everything Evie owned was blue. She went back into her room and sat at her vanity turning on the overhead light and taking out her makeup. She started rubbing an anti-aging cream on her face and imitating her mother saying 'No smiling you'll get wrinkles Evie' 'Evie laughing will make you uglier than you are now'. She started to put on makeup and when she was done took off the hair towel, dried her hair, braided some parts of it, and then curled the rest. After her makeup and hair were done she walked to her closet, pulling out a pair of blue skinny jeans, white t-shirt with a red apple on it, and a red leather jacket with studs on it. She pulled on a pair of ankle length blue boots and added a silver tiara to her head. When she was finished getting dressed and accessorizing she stepped back and admired herself in the mirror.

"Hopefully she doesn't critic me too much," Evie said in a sad voice as she grabbed her purse and walked out the door to the downstairs.

Once she reached her Mother's lair she walked in confidently, like she did every morning, and curtsied in front of the Evil Queen. Her Mother looked down at the girl and then looked up and down at her outfit with a disgusted look on her face.

"Not as bad as yesterday, but still bad..."

"I'll try to do better tomorrow, Mother," Evie said gritting her teeth and balling her fist so that he nails were jabbing her hand.

Her mother nodded and gestured for her sit in one of the chairs that surrounded the throne room/lair. The Evil Queen summoned one of her henchmen to bring her a piece of paper. The henchman without hesitation ran to her side, kneeled before her, and handed her the piece of paper. She nodded approvingly and scanned over the piece of paper.

"Leave us!" She said to the henchman and he scurried out of the room. "Now my dear, I have a funny piece of paper in front of me. It's a message from one of the old friends on the Southside of the Isle: Captain Hook."

Evie's eyes grew wide and her mouth dropped at her Mother being friends with a pirate.

"You may be wondering why I was fraternizing with a dirty pirate, well he is very powerful on his side of the Isle and has offered me a proposition. I don't know what it is yet, but he has asked me to send someone important to my life to get it. I guess you'll do. Today you will go to the Southside and retrieve a message from his son, Harry. You will bring it back to me immediately and do not look at it! Do you understand that?"

Evie stood with a confused look on her face but nodded. She had never interacted with a pirate before, especially a notorious pirate like Captain Hook's son.

"Alright we'll get moving you're meeting him with him in 20 minutes."