Chapter 20- Out In The Open

Start from the beginning

"You're right."

"I know I'm right?" She smirks and I snicker. I guess cockiness runs in the family.

"Sky let’s leave!" Jeremy shouts where we were standing earlier.

"Alright." I reply loud enough for him to hear me. "Thanks Jill. For the talk. At least I'm not the one thinking that also."

"Well, I guess I'll learn how things turn out if I see you back here in the summer time." She smiles, walking back with me to the entrance.

Jeremy is straddling the door way, waiting for me, "I already put the bags in the truck." He tells me pointing over his shoulder.

"Great!" I respond. "It was nice to meet you all. I had a nice time, and thank you so much for allowing me to stay in your home." I say politely, looking more to Maura for this.

"Anytime Sky! I do hope you come back even for a little while in the summer." Maura says with a wide smile on her face, throwing her arms around me for a hug.

"I'll definitely have to plan a visit." I say, choosing my words wisely in case I gave them false hope.

"Or a trip to New York doesn't sound bad either." Julia hints, looking over her shoulder to her mother as she gives me a hug, "I had fun. You're the best girlfriend Jeremy has brought home by far. No one has ever watched Carrie Diaries with me while making bracelets."

"Aw, that's so sweet of you to say. It was a great experience to feel what it would have been like to have a younger sister." I tell her truthfully.

Jill scoffs, "Trust me that's not how it feels like at all." She giggled looking at Julia with her tongue sticking out.

That only left Josh, and he didn't look like the hugging type with his arms crossed like a punk thirteen year old. Although; the kid is as sweet as candy in the inside. "Nice knowing you kid." I tell him, trying to act cool like him. I pinch his cheek teasingly only to get my hand slapped away.

"Yeah, yeah. And sorry for all the times I yelled at you." He says with a smirk.

"Eh, I wasn't offended." I tell him with a shrug, messing up his hair and earning a scowl.

Jeremy gave hugs and we wave one last time. Everyone watched us from the doorway and until we were out of their view. My shoulders could finally fall and relax. The pressure and tension is all over.

"See, that wasn't so difficult." Jeremy laughs, his bounce hinting with sarcasm.

"Yeah, smooth sailing all week long." I reply with a grin.  "But I had fun though. Your family is sweet and nice." I mention to him. Even though everything was fake I still enjoyed it. Sure the first couple of days were stressful and I had anxiety, but after I got past that everything didn't seem so bad after all.

"Very different from your family." Jeremy comments which I agree to a hundred percent.

"Most definitely." I agree nodding my head, "It’s the difference between growing up in the city verse growing up in the suburbs."

"And having mountains of money." Jeremy adds in as a reminder. He smirks when he realizes the scowl on my face. "I'm glad you were comfortable around them. Not even I can do that on dates."

"So you're saying I'm better than you?" I smirked happily.

"Ha! Not a chance." That's so what he meant though and he knows it. Guess I'm just a natural. Wait that's not something to be proud of.

"Whatever you say." I giggle, putting my sunglasses over my eyes to block the bright afternoon sun. This car ride didn't turn out to be as bad as the first one. We sat in the truck, listened to a lot of music, had decent conversations, and I even played Candy Crush on both our phones. In a few hours we were back to campus before we even knew it.