Valerie smirked feeling proud of her friend. Daryl tried to keep going at Negan but was quickly pushed to the ground by some saviours. They kicked at him to keep him on the ground and Valerie's smirk quickly dissapeard as she called out for them to stop.

"No, stop!" Her eyes wide as she looked from Daryl to Negan pleading to him with her eyes to stop this. Negan's eyes found hers for a second and then he turned his attention back to Daryl.

Negan pointed his bat to Daryl. "No!"

"Oh, no." His expression quickly turning darker. He walked back chuckling.

"That? Oh, my! That! Is a no, no."
He began as he crouched down in front of Daryl. "The whole thing- not one bit of that shit flies here."

Valerie saw that one saviour she thought was called Dwight come up to Daryl pointing his crossbow at Daryl's face. Val's eyes widened in panic. Out of all the people she'd gotten to know she always felt closest with Daryl he understood her and he'd been her best friend through this whole walker ordeal.

"Do you want me to do it? Right here." Dwight asked Negan as he got closer. Negan pulled at Daryl's hair looking down at him.

Valerie couldn't think straight all she knew was that she didn't want Daryl to die for defending one of their group. So suddenly she got up on her feet. "Stop!"

All eyes turned to her, Negan's included. Two saviours were quickly at her side restraining her from moving any closer.

"You got something to say, little bird?" His eyes not breaking contact from hers.

Valerie tried to steady her shaking breaths as she defiantly stared back at him. "Don't hurt him, please."

She tried to shake those two saviours off. "Let fucking go of me."

But they pulled her back hard. She winced as her arm hurt. Negan got back on his feet he waved those saviours of silently ordering them to let go. They let go of her and backed off as Negan walked up to her. Val had to look up to look him in the face. She already was small and with Negan being pretty tall she had to crane her neck to look at him.

"And why shouldn't I hurt him?" He spoke softly to her. He was standing so close to her she could feel his breath on her face.

"He was only defending her." She snapped, eyes sharply glaring at him. "I mean that's pretty obvious when you shove a fucking bat in her face."

Negan chuckled, amused at the little bird's temper. "Oh,  Iike her." He said amused as he ran his hand through his beard. He then turned back to her. "And as much as I fucking like your spunk Val, it was Valerie right? This shit can't go unpunished." His eyes scanned her face admiring her features. Valerie scoffed, not believing this guy. "Unpunished? You're kidding right? He hit you. You don't even have a fucking bruise!" She knew it wasn't very smart to say this to him, but she really couldn't care anymore either. His mood darkened a bit and he sighed trying to calm himself down. "Darlin' what kind of fucking leader would I be if I just let random people hit me?" His hand reached out to grasp her chin. His gloved thumb ran across her bottom lip. He smirked as he heard her breath hitch from his touch. "Sorry Val, there's gotta be a punishment-"

"But, you're lucky I like you better than the rest of these fucking pussies. So I'm play nice- just 'cause you asked" He suddenly got closer and she could feel his lips against her ear. "I am however gonna expect a thank you later." He whispered in her ear. Valerie could feel herself tremble but she wasn't sure anymore if it was from fear or something else. Negan backed off with a smirk on his face and let go of her walking back to Daryl and Dwight, leaving Valerie behind with conflicted feelings.