•Chapter 1

Abderus 'Ace' Monroe
Location: Lincoln Correctional Facility.
Date: Monday, August 24, 2015 - 4:45pm
***************************************

"I still don't think he's in the right state of mind to be set free!" Evelyn, my mother says to the judge that was staring back at her blankly.

"This is not your choice Mrs.Monroe" Judge Lexington says, while looking through a stack of papers, most likely my files.

"You can't think about this!?" She yells frustrated, making me chuckle lightly to myself.

"Mrs.Monroe with all due respect, Ace has the right to be set free now." One of the officers says, while glancing at me.

"And who the hell are you to tell me what my child has the right to do!" She yells glaring at him, making him put his hand up in surrender.

Her 'child' huh..

"Mrs.Monroe your child has been in & out of mental hospitals since he was 6. He's been sedated & drugged up with so many drugs by psychiatric hospitals, he's even been locked up at Riker's Island at the age of 18. What more do you want him to go through?" Lexington says, shaking his head at my mother. "He's been through so much, he's come along way Evelyn, He's bettered himself. He's 21 now, he has a life to experience."

"Oh please, spare me the bull crap. That boy is crazy & deserves to be locked up for the rest of his miserable life. HE'S A GODDAMN MURDERER!" She yells making me chuckle darkly.

"Ma'am i'm gonna need you to calm down."
A guard by the name of Joe says to my mother making her scoff.

"Whatever.." She says lowly, glancing at me making me send her one of my charming smiles. "When will he be released?"

"Tomorrow morning, 10:00am ma'am." Lexington nods. "Will you be picking him up?" He ask.

"Hell no, He can find his own way out of here. After he's released make sure he has no contact with me, I don't want anything to do with that lunatic." She says harshly, glaring at me in disgust before turning on her heels & marching out of the court room.

She'll be the first one I'll pay a visit to after i'm released.

"Alright Abderus-"

"Ace, or Monroe." I say cutting the judge's sentence off.

"Monroe." He says dryly. "It says here that when your father passed he left everything to you in his will." He says reading over some papers.

"What?" I frown.

Why the hell would that nigga leave me everything?

"What he leave me?" I ask.

"It says here he left you 1 mill." Lexington says, looking at me over his glasses.

"Word?" I smirk.

"Word." He chuckles. "You were supposed to receive the money when you turned 18 but since you were incarcerated at the time you will be able to get it anytime you want when you are released tomorrow. You'll just have to contact your father's lawyer which says here was Mr.Nijell Pugh, and he'll get you straight from there."

"Ite." I nod.

"Alright, well that's it. Don't let me see you in my court room anymore after today Monroe."