"Also I...I've hooked us for hers-and-hers mani-pedis at Chez Salon." Betty smiles, and Kevin is just looking at her. "Blowouts, too. I am so, so sorry, Betty. I don't know what happened to me that night. It was such a basic bitch move. It was like I was...possessed by-"

"Madame Satan?" Kevin intrudes.

"The old Veronica." She looks down, "And I will never, ever do anything like that to you again. I swear on my mother's pearls. Just, can you please give me one more chance?"

Betty thinks for a second, and then grins, "Okay."

"What?" Kevin and Veronica both say at the same time. I'm still so confused as to what's happening. But..I'm glad I didn't go to the dance.

"Really?" Veronica asks. Betty shrugs and smiles. "Awesome. I'll take it and you won't regret it."

"Okay."

"And I'll bring these to lunch so we can celebrate." The bell rings and Veronica and Betty leave.

"Mind, telling me what's up?" I ask Kevin.

We both walk out, "Basically, after the dance, there was this big after party at Cheryl's, and they were playing 'seven minutes in heaven' and of course, Cheryl made it so Archie and her would have to go in, but then Veronica stepped in and-"

"Betty got mad because they did something." I finish.

"Exactly." He pauses for a second, "So, why weren't you at the dance?"

I blush just a little bit..."Well..I was with Jughead."

He raises his eyebrow, "Really? What did you guys do?"

"We hung out at Pop's and then went back to my place, watched a movie, and he..kissed me?"

Kevin gasps, "Oh my God, (Y/N) that's great!"

I smile, "Yeah..I guess it is." We arrive at our first period and sit down.

The inner com thing beeps, "Good morning, students. This is your principal speaking. There have been many inquiries about the upcoming pep rally. So let me state clearly, it is happening, as scheduled. Now, on a less felicitous note, if you could give your attention to Sheriff Keller."

"Most of you already know the details, but your classmate Jason Blossom's body was found late Saturday night. So as of the weekend, Jason's death is now being treated as a homicide. It is an open and ongoing investigation." Keller says.

"Any may I interject, neither I nor my parents will rest until Jason's death is avenged, and his cold-hearted killer is walking the green mile to sit in Old Sparky and fry. I, for one, have my suspicions. Hashtag Riverdale strong." Someone different says, I think it's Cheryl.

"If you know anything that could help us find and apprehend Jason's killer, or anything about what happened to him on July 4th, I strongly urge you to come forward immediately. You can speak with me or Principal Weatherbee. A death like this wounds us all. Let's not let Jason down."

"I forgot that your dad's the sheriff." I say.

"Yep, it's pretty great." He says, sarcasm at its finest.

~

The bell rings and I walk to my next class, science. I find Jughead and sit next to him.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey, he replies. Archie comes in and him and Jughead make eye contact for a second, and then he quickly looks away.

"What was that about?" I ask.

He sighs, "Nothing."

I shrug, "Alright."

"Seats everyone, pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." The teacher says.

"Can I be with Cheryl?" Archie asks.

"And I wanna be with Betty," Veronica says, rather loud.

"Wanna be my partner?" Jug asks.

"You know it." I look at the frog, "Although, I've never done this before."

"What, dissected a frog?" I nod my head and put my gloves on. "Well, it's not too hard." He picks up a scalpel.

"Don't worry, I'm fine." We hear Cheryl say behind us. "In fact," she stabs the frog with the scalpel and Jug and I both look behind us, "I'm amazing." She says as she's sliding the scalpel down the frog's body.

We slowly look back to what we're doing. "Well..that was disturbing." I laugh a little.

"Uh, yeah."

-------------------------
Word Count: 1298