Chapter 30

*Your POV*
I come back in time just for sixth period to start. I get a text from Jug.

Jughead👑💖:
Hey, come with me to talk to my dad about getting a job with Fred Andrews.

To Jughead👑💖:
Alright. I'll meet you in the parking lot after?

Jughead👑💖:
Yep.

I quickly put my phone away as the teacher walks by.

The class goes by kind of fast, just because we basically just watched videos the whole time. Boring. The bell rings, and I walk out to the parking lot and see Jug at my car.

He smiles, and we get in and I drive to his trailer.

We get there and he looks around the trailer park. "So, you ready?" I ask.

"Yeah." He takes my hand and we walk to his trailer. He opens the door, causing a beer bottle rolls across the floor. I look around, and the place is a mess..reminding me of back home...I hear someone coughing, and we both look over. It's his dad, walking into the kitchen, looking like a mess.

He puts his hands up, "The prodigal son returns." He looks over at me, "With, someone new."

"(Y/N)." I say.

He sighs, and puts his glass down. "Nice to meet you, I'm FP." He looks over at Jug, "How you doing? You look good."

"I'm hanging in there." Jug says.

"Yeah?" he puts something in his cabinet.

"I came by to ask, if..you would consider going back to work with Fred Andrews." He looks over at FP.

He just scoffs, "Yeah, he called me. I said no. He fired me, Jughead. What kind of man would I be if I went back, hat in hand?"

"For starters? A man with a job, trying to fix his family."

"Talk to your mom." He slams the cabinet shut, "She's the one who gave up on us, took your sister."

"Can you please just go see Mr. Andrews? He's willing to give you another chance."

"Oh, he's willing, huh? That's generous of him, after all the crap he pulled on me." He walks over.

Jug walks, too, "Dad, don't you want to see our family back together?" FP sits down in a chair. "Mom and Jellybean could come home. I," he puts his hand on his chest, "could come home." FP just looks up at him, "It's not too late." Jug opens the door and walks out, as I follow him.

"So, Jellybean, is that-" I start.

"My sister, yes. She's six years younger than me, ten." He replies.

~

We all meet up in Eversgreen forest, in the cold where Jug says that he and Betty found the car. Everyone's lined up with Jug and Betty in front of us.

"Okay, the Sisters of Quiet Mercy are due north. The getaway car was west, on the Old Route 40." Betty says.

"The closest bus station is east, headed towards Sweetwater." Jug starts, "If Polly wanted to leave Riverdale without anyone seeing her, she probably would've left through right-"

"Right here. Eversgreen Forest." Betty interrupts. Everyone starts walking to the left, and Jug comes up to me. Betty is about to follow him, but is intruded by Archie, who must've seen her and walks with her instead. Oh, God thank you.

We start walking, and calling for Polly. I hear people yelling "Polly" "Polly" "Polly" every two seconds.

I see Kevin and Veronica to my right. "Hey, I'm gonna go with Kev and V just to chat."

"Alright, sounds good." He says. I walk over to them.

"Hey, guys." I say.

"Hey, (F/I) (first initial)." Veronica says. I start walking with them.

"So, how's the cold war at home?" Kevin asks Veronica. I just listen into their convo.

"Ugh. Horrible. Look, I hate fighting with my mom, but until she's ready to admit and to own, that she forged my name to help her illicit trysting with Fred Andrews, I can't blink."

"Wait, she did what?" I intrude.

"Yeah, I know. It's absolutely insane." She says. "Remember when you called me about the photography thing about a week ago?"

"Yeah,"

"And that I had to leave because I saw something?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it was my mom, and Fred, making out in his trailer for his business."

My eyes widen, "Wow. Okay. Thanks for putting that image in my head."

"Yeah..so, she forged my signature so his contract could run through. It's ridiculous."

"Yeah." I say.

"She needs to make the next move."

"And, what if she doesn't blink?" Kevin asks.

"Back in New York, whenever I needed to blow off some steam, or force my mother's hand, I'd go out on a bender." She says.

"Damn." I say.

She laughs, "Yeah. Dancing with my fave celebrity gal-pal, my best gay, a friend that's just been there for me a lot, and some dim-witted, sexy, disposable arm-candy. That's Josie, you two,"

"Honored." Kevin says.

"And, as for my arm-candy," she looks around and her eyes lay on Reggie. He's taking a selfie while making a fake sad face. "He'll do."

I raise my eyebrow, "Reggie? Seriously?" I ask.

"Disposable." She reminds me.

"Alright, alright."

"I'm in, I'm so in." Kevin says.

"Mm..I think I'll pass for now. Maybe next time." I say.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Should we invite Betty? She could probably use a distraction right now."

I look behind them and the Blossoms come walking up to our search party. "I think she might be a tad busy.." Veronica says, and point to where they are. Kevin look at where she's pointing.

"Alice Cooper." Penelope says, "Where is she? Where's Polly?"

"You think if I knew that, I'd be out here with the mosquitoes?" Alice asks.

"Face facts, Mommie Dearest, Polly killed Jason." Cheryl says.

"She escaped from the asylum once, who's to say she didn't before, say, the day Jason got murdered?" Clifford says.

Alice crosses her arms.

"The noose is tightening around your murdering daughter's neck. I know it, Sheriff Keller knows it." Penelope starts.

"Hold on now." Keller intrudes.

But she ignores him, "And I promise you, when we find her, and we will find her, the entire town of Riverdale will know, too.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1039