Chapter 55

*Your POV*
I cross my arms. "(Y/N)." Veronica says. I turn around and Archie, Veronica, and Betty are all walking up to me. "Okay, before you get mad, let me explain."

"Wait, what's going on here, guys?" Betty asks.

I ignore her, "Explain what? That you were working with Alice behind my back?"

"Wait, what?" Betty says.

I look over to her, "Yeah. The whole reason your mom had me and Jug over, with his dad, wasn't so we could spend time together. It was so she could try to pull the truth out of him."

Her eyes widen, "Oh, my God."

"Yeah. Maybe you should get to know your mom a little more." I think about what I just said, and kind of regret it a little bit..

"(Y/N).." Archie says.

"What did you guys do?"

"We're sorry, (F/I). but you know that FP had some kind of arrangement with my dad." Veronica says. "I had to make sure it wasn't about Jason Blossom."

"Okay, and what's your excuse?" I look over at Archie.

"I was just looking out for Jughead, in case his dad was doing some shady stuff."

"Blame me, (Y/N). I asked him to help me." Veronica says.

"Help you do what? What did you guys do?" I ask.

"Guys..." I hear Jug say. I sigh. "(Y/N)...?" I turn around, "What's going on? And...why do I suddenly feel left out..?"

I turn back to Veronica and Archie. "Do you wanna tell him or should I?"

"Tell me what?" Jug says.

Archie walks passed me and over to Jughead. "We went to your dad's trailer to..."

"To search it, Jughead." Veronica finishes.

"Why would you guys do that?" he says quickly.

"My mom put them up to it." Betty says. I turn around. "She apparently was convinced that he was hiding something about Jason."

"But we were wrong. We didn't find anything." Veronica says.

"Jug, we only did it to prove that-" Archie starts.

"To prove what? That my dad wasn't a murderer?" he asks. He pauses and his eyes wonder. "You went behind my back, Archie?"

"Jug..."

"How did you even...when did you guys know to go to my dad's trailer?"

"We knew he'd be at dinner with..." Veronica starts.

Jughead sighs and starts to walk away.

"No..." I say, and walk towards him.

His hand is over his mouth, and his other in his pocket. He turns back around. "That's why Alice invited me and my dad to dinner, right? So these two," he points at them, "could break into his trailer? While she interrogated him?"

"No, I didn't know that they were doing that." I say.

"But yes. That is why she invited you guys..." Betty says.

He looks to the side, and then back at me. "To think I was gonna pass on moving to Toledo with my family for you." He says.

That sentence made my eyes tear up. "What?" I whisper.

"When we went into my dad's trailer, you asked me if I believed him. And I said I did! Wasn't that good enough for you?"

"It was. It was good enough." I nod my head, and go closer to him, but he backs away. "I tried to stop her."

"You could've told me, you could've warned me about this."

"You were so excited, Jug." My voice breaks and I put my hand on his cheek, "I didn't want to disappoint you." Tears are falling now.

"So instead you lied?" he looks back at them, "You all lied to me?"

"I-" I'm interrupted by Kevin.

"There. There they all are."

"(Y/N), Betty, there you are." Alice says.

"Oh, my God don't even.."

"No, you have to listen. All of you." Kevin says. "My dad just told Mayor McCoy about your dad, Jughead."

"What about my dad?"

"He was just arrested. For the murder of Jason Blossom." Fred says.

Jug runs out of the building. I run after him, but he's too fast. I stop in the middle of the stairs.

-------------------------
Word Count: 679