"It's cute. Imagining something which only exists in books, I like that." The boy bites his lip, mustering Baekhyun in silence as the other one starts to feel uncomfortable, coughing awkwardly before drifting his eyes to the bookshelf again, looking for other interesting books.

"You don't believe in love?" Baekhyun stays still for a moment of silence, the deepness in the boy's voice tickling his body. Love. "No, I like the concept of love, but that's all."

"You've never been in love, right?"

"No," Baekhyun looks at the boy again. "I don't love." The boy smiles, pushing himself away from the bookshelf as he keeps looking at Baekhyun. "I wouldn't be sure about that in your case." And with that he leaves Baekhyun's sight, heading to the counter as he sticks his earbuds into his ears, a wide smile glued on his face.

What?

***

"I've never been the one I really wanted to be, but you seem to see through my facade. — You seem to see the real me by just looking at my fake smile." Baekhyun yawns, drifting his sight from the paper to the window, staring at the with stars covered night sky. Stars. He, the boy seems like to be a star.. He's bright but still so unreachable. It's like he's hiding in the darkness, his thoughts hidden behind a thick wall, making himself unreadable.

Baekhyun is good in reading people, that's his job after all, but the boy is another case. He just can't read him. Unreadable, like a closed book. The brunet runs a hand through his curls, pushing his glasses back on his nose as he keeps looking a the night sky, the scene of this afternoon playing in his crowded mind.

He has talked to me. My main character has talked to me. He chuckles in disbelief, looking back at the paper again.

"The way he seemed to see me was so special. It didn't only fill my body with a thousand of emotions, but also awoke sensations I've never felt before." A smile curves up on his lip, his thoughts drifting back to the boy's face, his heart thumps fast against his chest. "You're like a lost star on the night sky, dazzling but still so unreachable. Can I manage to catch you or will you fly away like all the other things in my life? " Baekhyun stares at the page as a loud sound suddenly echoes in his ears, making him yelp quietly. His eyes drift to the door, standing up in a fast pace to open it. Luhan? "Hey, Baek. I've made cake and I thought you'd maybe like some." He stares at the chocolate cake in Luhan's hand, smiling brightly. "You went all the way here to give me cake?"

".. I also wouldn't mind if you'd invite me in." A chuckle escapes his lip as he opens the door wider. "Of course, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I hope I didn't interrupt anything."

"No, I was just writing. Nothing special, don't worry." Luhan nods, putting the cake on the surface of the table before sitting down on Baekhyun's couch. "I came with interesting news." The blond smiles brightly as Baekhyun sits down next to him in confusion. "What for news?"

"I'm.. getting married, next week and I would like to invite you." Married? "Wait, slowly. Married? To whom?"

"You don't know him yet, but I'd like you to meet him.. oh and you can bring Sehun as well." Baekhyun scoffs, remembering how his brother used to have an adorable crush on Luhan. "That's amazing, congrats Luhan."

"Thanks," he plays with his fingers nervously, silence suddenly surrounding them. "I know that you don't believe in love but it feels amazing to have a person who showers you in love. I really hope you'll find this someone as well." Love. "That's nice of you but I don't really need that."

"That's not true. Everyone needs that."

Baekhyun glances at his friend with a frown as a thousand of thought start to swim through his head. "I mean you write about love but don't believe in it? Why?"

"It just doesn't make any sense. I like to look at things with logic."

"I know, but it'll make sense one day." Baekhyun forces a smile on his face while he looks at his friend awkwardly, thinking of a way to change the topic. "I'll definitely come to your wedding."

"That's amazing. Here," Luhan opens his bag, fishing a card out of it. "Here are more details." He grabs the white card out of Luhan's hand, nodding in a slow pace. "Okay, I'll be there."

"That really means a lot to me... I'll go now. Enjoy the cake!" Luhan stands up as Baekhyun follows him to the door with a smile on his face before closing the door, his eyes still fixated on the door. He's getting married. The brunet chuckles, all his friends are getting married now or already have a family and then there's Baekhyun, still alone and stubborn as always.

___________________________________

This chapter is short af I'm sorry ehe

This chapter is short af I'm sorry ehe. I've been busy with school lately, I'm sorry if this didn't turn out good.

Anyways, I hope you like it, feedback would be amazing! ♡

Lots of love.