"Is this what you want to see Zaire? Huh?"

I spoke loud, but low enough not to disturb the baby. He got up and sat by me and gently touch my face.

"Who did it?"

"Its nothing.."

"Nothing? Its something if your face looks like this"

He took the baby from my arms and continued to feed her.

"I said I'm fine.. I just got jumped"

"By who? Stand up"

"A group of guys"

His facial expression never changed but I know he was  definitely thinking of ways to hurt who did this. I stood up and looked at him, not sure what to do next.

"Take your shirt off"

"M-my shirt? But why..."

"Just do it"

I lifted my shirt slightly, but the pain was too intense. I continued to lift ignoring the burning sensation in my  ribs.

"I can't.. it hurts too bad"

He sighed and came over to me and lifted my shirt with his free hand. He observed the bruises..

"How long ago did this happen?"

"A few days ago.."

"Get some stuff for you and the baby and meet me outside"

He grabbed a blanket and strapped Eliza in her seat, covering her with the small pink blank and left back through the door. I silently prayed that Mr. Devali was asleep or I'd be in big trouble.

I started to pack a bag for Eliza making sure I didn't forget a thing.. then there was my bag that took much less time to pack. The moment I was finished I went over to the window and sat the bags in the grass.  I looked back hearing a noise from the hall, then it was quiet again.

I closed the window, picked the bags up and walked over to the car. I had no idea where we were going but if it was going to get me away from that house for a while I was fine with it.

Surge reached over and grabbed my hand, softly rubbing it. He had a hard look on his face.. not once did he speak during the ride. The moment he realized he had been holding my hand he stopped and turned the music up.

I didn't understand him most times. In the beginning he was just like most guys.. saying inappropriate things and staring at my body. And now he's so much different, he helps me.. and acts like he cares.

We pulled up to the hospital, I was afraid to go in.. he noticed that I was afraid and tried his best to calm me.

"Its ok.. there just going to check out your ribs and give you some pain meds"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure"

He glanced at me and looked away, going to grab the car seat from the back. I followed behind him slowly.. he turned around and grabbed my hand so that I'd be by his side.

"Don't ever walk behind me, stay beside or in front of me"

I nodded my head and stayed by his side..

-

-

I was laying in the hospital bed with an IV in my arm and oxygen in my noise. I kept telling them I didn't need oxygen, but they claim after monitoring my breathing I needed it for a short time. I've been here for at least five hours, they have me on some sort of medication to ease my pain.

They won't let me leave until my pain level is down to a five or less.. they'd like to lower the chance of me coming back with complaints of pain. They even gave me ice to apply to my upper body.. so far it's working.

Zaire  .. well Surge but I love calling him by his real name now, was laying across the little coach with Eliza on his chest. I always wonder why he helps with her so much.. maybe he's just a good person, if they still exist.

I lifted my arm and looked at the IV and looked up at the machines. I was ready to leave this place I hate it here. The nurse came in and smiled at me, I smiled back weakly.

"How are you feeling? Any pain, nausea, or dizziness?"

"Not at the moment but I feel kind of weak"

"That could be from the pain medication but it'll go away.. you can go home I just need a signature because you are a minor"

"Surge!"

He opened his eyes and sat up. "What?"

"I need you to sign this paper so we can leave"

The nurse walked over to him and handed him the paper. He signed it and continued to rub his eyes, he looked tired. Surge put Eliza down and shut the door, helping me get my clothes on.