Chapter 6

Kidd

I parked my car and hopped out, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. It was a nice day, I walked up to the building and scanned my card. The doors opened and I walked in going straight to the front desk.

As usual I greeted the woman who worked at the front desk, she nodded in response something she does a lot. I shoved my hands in my pockets and waited for her to acknowledge the fact that I actually wanted something and it wasn't just to say hello to her.

"Oh I'm sorry, go ahead up"

I thanked her and adjusted the bag I had on my shoulder. I hate this place so I know they do to.. the halls were so dim, this place had no life to it at all. I continued down the main hall..

I glanced down at my visitation card, to see I was roaming the wrong floor, I was supposed to be on the second floor. I turned around and headed towards the steps. so much was on my mind, because I never know what to expect when I come here..

I kept going, until I reached the second floor which was a lot brighter than the first.. I found the right door and went in, everything was the same. The room was clean and cool, bed sheets  were changed.. floors sparkling indicating they had been waxed.

I looked around searching until I found a figure sitting by the window, with his palm against the glass. I approached slowly and sat down, not once did I receive a look, stare, wave.. nothing which was unusual.

"How are you today?"

.... nothing, not even a slight movement.

"Are you feeling better are they treating you good?"

I got a look that I couldn't really read, he grabbed my hand and placed it on the window..

"Where is Nobia, you promised... you'd f-find Nobia!"

He put his head down clearly becoming frustrated, he calmed himself by playing with the charm in his hand.. watching the people walk by.

"I did find her, she's fine.. I'll keep her safe. You have to get better before you can see her"

He snapped his head in my direction and glared at me.

"June bug, is better! I want my Nobia!!"

He was started to get loud, I sighed and moved away from him. He just doesn't understand that right now he's not in a position to see her. He has to get better first, and I'm doing my best to make sure he gets there.

_______

Zanobia

It was going on three days since that incident, I've been in the house every since then. Surge comes to my window everyday and I ignore him. How do I face him with a swollen lip and face. They kicked my face, my back.. just anyplace they could kick.

Tonight was no different I was up putting lotion on Eliza when there was a knock at my window. I started to ignore it but it didn't stop, Mr. Daveli is back to his nasty ways.. apparently he had a health scare and now that everything's fine he's back to being the devil he is.

I sighed and glanced in the mirror the swelling hasn't gone done at all. It seems like it has actually gotten worse and my bruises have darkened. I opened the window and walked away.

"Zanobia! Wh-" He lowered his tone once he saw Eliza.. I kept my head down as I continued to lotion her.

"What's up? What did I do?"

"Nothing Zaire"

"Using my real name?.. and look at me when I'm talking to you"

I snapped my head up once I had fully dressed Eliza and put the bottle in her mouth.