"No. I was having trouble sleeping. Then when you screamed yeah it was hard to sleep." He confessed.

"Oh. Good to know." I told him. There wasn't much to talk about this early in the morning. My eyes fluttered and my head nodded. Like an automatic response, Zak opened his arms to me. Then like I did, I crawled into his arms and we were both slient....until Zak began to talk. 

"Summer, I think we both know that there is something between us that is more than just a friendship." He sounded hesitiant. I paused and looked up at him. 

"What do you mean?"

"Don't try and fool me. I know you know." He smirked.

"Okay. Let's say i do. What do you see and what are you going to do about it?" 

"I see a possible realationship." He chuckled, seeming amused. Then he leaned toward me smiling at me. Then without hesitation he kissed me. At first I was in shock, but I took it in. I leaned in and kissed him back. He put his arm around me and held me close.  I smiled and enjoyed the moment. 

"SumSum, that's what I am going to do about it." He laughed once more and I went red. 

"Zak, this age gap is 19 years." I told him.

"Did you just say that? After I kissed you?" He seemed confused.

I looked down and away, "Yeah, yeah I did."

"Summer, you're 16! Even your friend told me! Come on. Summer Clove August, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I had always waited for this. Zak was wonderful, perfect. How could I not take this oppurtunity.

"Yes. i don't care about the age! Yes! I will!" I yelled.

"Shh!" Zak warned.

"Okay. Okay. Let's go downstairs." I whispered. I got up and danced out of the door. Zak followed me.  I pranced down the stairs and slid across the slick marble steps. When I reached the bottom, I jumped off and landed lightly.  I could smell the scent of..bacon...and...waffles?  I eased into the kitchen to see who was already up. Nick and Aaron. That seemed to be a re occuring theme. 

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked them. 

"Great news! Your mom and dad had an out of town buisness thingy. Just got it this morning and they left. Hey, can we go by Starbucks. I need my coffee." Aaron informed us, and then sighed. I laughed. 

"That's good news", I looked at Zak. "Yeah we can go to Starbucks. What's the bacon and waffle smell?" 

"Your mom and dad. Come on! I want to get to Starbucks before it gets crowded." Aaron jumped off the kitchen chair and bolted for the door. Then he stopped. "Where is it?"

"You can wait for us. I know where it it." I ltold him. I strolled lazily over to a closet that had all our shoes in it. Aaron seemed very impatient. I opened the closet and searched through it trying to find my sandals. 

"Come on!!" Aaron seemed very impatient and grumpy. Yeah..I think I should hurry up. If Aaron got angry that wouldn't be good. So I found the sandals and put them on. I jumped up and joined Aaron at the door. Nick had gathered his own things ans Zak was already by my side. 

"Nick, are you ready?" Zak called. 

"Yeah. Yeah. Coming." He jogged to the front of the house and we were ready to go. 

"Okay, let's go. It's in the Strip mall. You go in at the south entrance and take a left. Its on the side, looking out at the beach, near the pier." I told Aaron the directions and he opened the door. All of us exited the house and back onto the streets of California. The four of us were able to all stay together on the sidewalk than 2 in the front and 2 in the back.