Chapter 2

The group kept walking with a steady pace. I just figured out that Zak and I had a mutual attraction to each other. Now, instead of Aaron and I in the way back, it was just me. Thinking. Zak dropped back to be with me. I smiled warmly at him. 

"Hi." I said. 

"Hey." He responded. He looked like something was on his mind. Deeply. 

"How do you like California so far?" i asked. 

"It's really nice. Nice beaches...nice water."  He swung his large arms back and forth.

"How do you keep in shape?" I asked. He grinned, amused by the question.

"I get that a lot. I just work out, keep healthy." He told me.

"Oh. Nice." I thought back to all the episodes I had watched.  Had he always been so buff and  good looking from the start? 

Our large group arrived at the small deli just as the clock hit 10. We were in the middle of breakfast and lunch. The 7 of us crowded into the small deli. 

"Dan-ny!" My dad called out through the restaurant. A young man at the age of 20ish popped out from under a table. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes. 

"Brendan! Hey!" He got out from under the table and walked over to us. When he saw our group he almost did a double take. "Woah there! That's a large group."

"Yeah, I had some friends and family come over. I hope that won't be a problem." He apoogized.

"Oh no, no. It's okay. All I need is to put these table together." He motioned to two 4 seater tables.

"I'll help. If you need any." Zak voluneteered. Aaron leaned over and whispered to me. 

"Show off. Sign number one...well right now two." Aaron ticked off. I giggled. When Zak heard me, he turned around and nearly dropped the table on Danny's foot. I waved and smiled at him.

"Loss of attention. Sign 3." Nick added. He had been listening and obviously knew what was going on. Now the three of us had an inside joke. Whenever Zak would do something, we would tick it off and make a comment. When Zak and Danny were done putting the tables together, all of us sat down. Zak sat on my right, Aaron sat on my left. Nick was across from me. 

"Well this is for Summer! Turning 16 and meeting her heroes!" My dad said. Everyone cheered and then Danny came by to order. Each of us ordered our food and continued to talk amongst each other. I talked to Zak about his fear of heights, snakes, and scary looking dolls. I agreed on all of it.

"I hate clowns. They scare me so much!" I told him. His eyes widened. 

"So do I! They are freaky little buggers." He shivered. "So, I was wondering about that ghost problem you have?" He asked. 

"Yeah. What about it?" I asked. What will Zak want to say.

"I have some of our stuff that we use. Maybe, sometime we could do a lockdown on your house? If you're up to it." He suggested. I thought about it. I had always wanted to be in a lockdown, but I was terrified of ghosts.

"Uhmm, yeah. I guess we could. That would be cool to know what is in out house." I agreed to the plan. 

"Sweet. That reminded me, we should talk to your folks about staying a little longer." Zak remembered. 

"Oh yeah! We should." I encouraged the thought. Zak stood up.

"Brendan and Stefani. Aaron, Nick and I would like to propose something." he said. 

"Okay, the floor is all yours." Dad said. I sat back and watched this whole thing unfold.

"Summer was talking to us. She didn't want us to stay only one day. She suggested maybe we stay a little longer. We didn't have anything planned for a while, but would love to stay with the family. That last thing we needed to do was check with you and see if you were okay with that." Zak sat back down and the 4 of us waited to see the response of my mother and father.